Daily goal changed?

Options
I just noticed when I finished my imputing, that it changed my daily goal to 200 calories more?

** On a side note I havent lost any weight in the last 2 weeks. (after losing 2 pounds/week) I am 243 (down from 265). Any Ideas why this might be happening?

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Did you work out today? Say.....200 calorie burn?
  • dexter888
    Options
    Oh I see so if you workout it re-adjusts the amount of calories you should eat?
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Yes.

This is because you are already at a deficit, so if you eat what MFP tells you and DONT work out you will still (ideally) lose weight.

If you work out you can eat more or "save" it for a cheat day or eat a bigger meal.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Yes, it adjust to maintain the original healthy deficit goal you had.

I know it's been answered, but I wanted to get in here before a 'not eating your exercise calories' nut job starts confusing you.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i give myself a "cheat" day every two weeks, and that seems to boost my weight loss a little... i noticed when i was not having cheat days, i would start to stall on weight loss after a few weeks, but now, im losing a constant 2 pounds per week...
  • dexter888
    Options
    What if I dont eat back the calories? Originally I decided I wasn't going to work out very much. But I think I will 3 times a week.
    A) should I always type it into MFP?
    B) what happens if I dont eat it back?
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    What if I dont eat back the calories? Originally I decided I wasn't going to work out very much. But I think I will 3 times a week.
    A) should I always type it into MFP?
    B) what happens if I dont eat it back?

A) Yes. It's the only way to make sure you're logging the whole picture.
    B) Well the obvious answer is that you'll be at a bigger deficit than expected. Opinions vary on whether this is good or bad, but too much of a deficit will (at best) make it harder for your muscles to build new tissue after a workout, which will slow your improvements there. A single very low day probably doesn't do any harm, but frequently doing so might have side-effects that slow your progress.

For the record, I was ~900 under my goal yesterday. I'm starving today though.