BodyMedia Fit armband?

Options
- has anyone had experience with this device? Is it worth $150?
Looking for a reliable pedometer, heart rate monitor would be bonus.
Is the BodyMedia Fit armband the best option?:smile:

Replies

• Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been looking also, so I want to pay attention to this one.
    BodyMedia Fit doesn't have a heart rate monitor to it, but apparently it can link to one, or there is the option to do so.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Loads of posts on this. Do searches for Jawbone Up, Nike Fuelband. Fitbit, heartrate monitor, STRIIV, Mio. Also just out is the Basis which is like BMF but worn on wrist.
  • fiftyfrumpyfat
    Options
    Thanks Jaz
  • fiftyfrumpyfat
    Options
    Basis looks fantastic - but I am in Australia and Basis only for USA : (
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I wear mine all day every day. It has been a real eye opener for me to learn how active or inactive I have actually been. Apparently it is 90% accurate and clinically endorsed. I have been happy with it so far except for one thing. It counts activity while I am driving. I emailed the company and the only solution is to take it off while on long drives. I don't think thats too much of an issue. Probably remembering to put it back on would be more of a hassle though. It also measures your sleep as well which has been informative. I have learned that I only average 6.5 hours of sleep per night where I had believed that I got between 7 and 8 hours. I think it is way better than a pedometer as it counts your entire days activity rather than just steps.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Basis looks fantastic - but I am in Australia and Basis only for USA : (

Me too. I'm in the UK. Frustrating how we always have to wait for stuff.
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback Phee! Mine should arrive tomorrow night...I can't wait!