Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

martial arts

lisabeavers
lisabeavers Posts: 115
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
has any body tried learning martial arts as part of their fitness program? anything from stuctured classes in jujitsu or other variations to just taking kickboxing cardio classes at their gym.... im interested in if you liked it, if it helped, etc

Replies

• lisabeavers
    has any body tried learning martial arts as part of their fitness program? anything from stuctured classes in jujitsu or other variations to just taking kickboxing cardio classes at their gym.... im interested in if you liked it, if it helped, etc
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Yes, marital arts is a great workout and even better confidence booster. I definately recommend it. :smile:
  • lisabeavers
    sarge:
    where would you start, as a complete newbie to the idea?
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    I just made 1st Dan in TKD in January and am also taking Kali (stick fighting) at my school and enjoyed a sword seminar recently that my school hosted. Getting with the right school was the key for me. I started kickboxing 4 years ago at the TKD school I joined. As I got better at kickboxing I added more kickboxing classes until I was doing that 3 times/week. I then added TKD classes. Through my schools' training for its' black belts, I started running. I have progressed now to where I run 4 miles on Tuesdays and Fridays and 2 on Sundays when my youngest joins me. He also has made Junior Black Belt in our school and has been taking TKD since he was 4. Martial Arts are a great investment in yourself! Good Luck!:smile:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    sarge:
    where would you start, as a complete newbie to the idea?

Lisa, look in your local paper for a schools, or even better call up a womens center in your community and ask them to recommend a self-defense school for you. Most places allow you to sit in a few classes and decide what you think. Aside from that, it's a small matter of purchasing a uniform (maybe) and getting started. It rocks. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.