Weigh In's

Options
I was just wondering if there is anyone that weighs themselves everyday?

If so, do you switch your weight on here everyday or just wait till you have lost more?

Replies

• gennyvieve
    Options
    i know you aren't supposed to, but i do weigh myself every day....i only change it one here when it goes down.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just to notice the change in weight from day to day so I don't record anything....I only officially weigh-in on Saturdays.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just to notice the change in weight from day to day so I don't record anything....I only officially weigh-in on Saturdays.

Ditto, except my official day is Wednesday.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Ditto, except my official day is Wednesday.

Same here, but my weigh in days are Mondays...probably not the best day of the week considering I tend to indulge on the weekends...
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options

Same, except my official weigh in day is Sunday. I think it is important to be aware of how your body fluctuates up and down, it also helps me to know if I am retaining water and really need to bump up my water intake.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I weigh everyday just because I'm an addict. ): Plus I keep checking to make sure I really AM 192! It's kind of hard to process. On the plus side when the numbers fluctuate up I just shrug it off. I do NOT check in every day.

My official check in day outside the net is Saturday. Whatever number I got on Saturday I just update on here whenever I remember to.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I used to weigh my self every couple of days, twivce a week minimum.

Tbh i weighed myself at the start of MFP and haven't been weighed since

I think its better for me to do that than weigh myself and become discouraged if the numbers aren't what i expected
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I weigh in every day, just to make sure I'm not climbing, see if my weight is up if I had a lot of salt (to know if I should drink extra water that day) etc. But because of weight fluctuation, I typically only record loss if I duplicated it two days in a row (or go down farther!). My scale rounds to half pounds, so this is pretty easy, cuz I don't get .1 pound fluctuations.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i know you aren't supposed to, but i do weigh myself every day....i only change it one here when it goes down.

Me too.
  • rosalie_g
    rosalie_g Posts: 71
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and sometimes several times a day but I only log my official Saturday morning weigh in. Everything in between is just for me to gauge myself
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week. I have a friend that is trying to lose weight and weighs every day and always gets bummed out when they either haven't lost anything or maybe gained a pound. I'm guessing from their experience that weight fluctuates a good bit over the course of a week but things sort of settle out after a weeks time. So since I don't need any de-motivators I stick with just weighing once each week. If I'm under my calorie count each day and get in my workout I'm just confident that the scales will reflect that at weeks end. So far that has been the case.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • laseley
    laseley Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record it every day. I then take the average for the week to gauge "real" weight loss, but I like to see the cause and effect of my diet, I'm not the most disciplined and recording my weight everyday is an acknowledgment of my efforts, good or bad.

518538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • katie30
    katie30 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm in the daily crews too and like most I have an official weigh-in day. The day to day changes give me an idea on how my system is generally doing. I make an official record once a week (sat morning) whether it is up or down.
  • DogsRule666
    Options
    I weigh and record daily. That way I can get a feeling for how my weight fluctuates. Yes, I even record when it goes up, to be completely honest to myself.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    i do twice a week so that I kind of get an after and before the weekend view that keeps me on track. I log whatever the weight is regardless if its a gain/lose...helps keep me honest.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself 2 twice a week but I also have an official weigh in day (Wednesdays). Usually I cave before the week is up and weigh myself on Sun or Mon just to see where I'm at.
    I've notice that if I go a little overboard on Sat or Sun if I exercise and watch it I'll be down by Wed.
  • tlschlp
    tlschlp Posts: 54
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and record it here and on a spreadsheet. I have the spreadsheet set to calculate my average weight for the week. I also measure myself once a week (on Sundays) and then can see the weekly inches lost (hopefully) and average weight lost.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I feel like an oddball :embarassed: I only weigh myself once a week and record it, whether it's up or down. It'll be up this week because it's that TOM and because I've been over on my calories everyday this week so far. :drinker:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Actually I was reading an article that is is good to weigh yourself everyday so that way you will stay on track.