measurements help

Options
Hi!

Ok, now that I've lost a couple pounds and don't feel completely discouraged about all of this, I want to take my current measurements.

My question for all of you is this: when is a good time to measure?

I understand that weighing yourself in the morning (or whenever you first wake up) is best, so should I measure myself then too?

Also, what parts do you like to measure? I know MPF gives you a few to fill out, but are there any places in particular you like to watch and measure for changes?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    I want to know as well! I know you weigh less in the mornings but is that accurate (as long as u measure the same time everytime?)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I understand that weighing yourself in the morning (or whenever you first wake up) is best, so should I measure myself then too?

Yes, I would measure first thing in the morning.

Also, what parts do you like to measure? I know MPF gives you a few to fill out, but are there any places in particular you like to watch and measure for changes?

Measure.jpg

Note: A lot of people also measure their neck.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    That chart is great! Thanks!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    There are two ways of measuring the waist, IMO measuring at the belly button is better because it's more reproduceable because the smallest part of your waist can 'move' as you gain or lose - it's certainly what fitness professionals are taught here in the UK.
  • Angellaree
    Angellaree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :)
  • alanrosez
    Options
    Bumping for that cool chart!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great chart!

I strongly suggest you measure. It can be tough in the beginning, it was for me, to see the reality of where I was. Now that I have lost over 20 inches total, from all measurements and 6.5 or so from my waist it is awesome to be able to see on paper just how much I am accomplishing!

Good luck to you!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a picture of a chart too but the first one is WAY better so instead, I'm replying so I can look back at it
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I do everything in that chart.. plus calf and ankle. I've been doing them the first of the month since I started on here. Lots of change!
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump for later
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Yes, I would measure first thing in the morning.

Measure.jpg

Note: A lot of people also measure their neck.

AND the biggest part of the calves
  • againagain
    againagain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that chart plus neck, wrist, calf, ankle. Neck is often used for % bodyfat calculations, so that one especially. It's a lot of places to measure, but I only do it about once a month.