Sports Bra for running - one for the ladies

Options
Hey Ladies

So I wear a 38E Bra (when I shoudl be a firm C...... gggrrrrr)

What Bra's do you train in, I have started jogging on the treadmill, and by God it can get sore! Looking for some Good Support! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I always wear two when running, one of which is always of the under armour high impact variety. They are ridiculously expensive but worth it.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    I see large-breasted women in my gym wearing two bras. One wears a normal bra with a support crop-top thing over it.

The treadmill is the only time I'm genuinely happy to have small boobs!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies..... mmm two bras, maybe I should try this! Because WOW it can really hurt sometimes, so much so that I can jog then I walk...... but I want to learn to run!!!
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i wear a sports bra and a sports crop top thingy for support....brilliant couldnt run without wearing both!!

Nike do really good ones
  • beproudbestrong
    Options
    I have found that Champion not only carries bigger sized sports bras but that they are actually comfortable!! And they don't break the bank!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it.... I have tried a ton of sports bras and always feel like I'm gonna give myself a black eye lol!!
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am a 34E and please DO NOT RUIN YOUR BREASTS BY RUNNING WITH INCORRECT BRAS.

You WILL END UP WITH UGLY PUPPY DOG EARS!

I've seen it with some ladies when they change, it looks awful and unless you get fat again or op for surgery.. there is no cure.

Invest in a runner's bra. Never buy so called 'sports bras' from Nike or Adidas and such makes.. they are designed for flat chested women and small breasts.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_285010257160_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Lingerie~Bras

I own 3 and paid £37 for each of them.

Do not put them in tumble dryer, hand wash is brilliant.

Your boobs will NOT go anywhere.. it's so good I can't recommend it more!
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I also wear 2 bras. I wear a reg sports bra and an Under Armour over it. Like someone else said, they are expensive but worth it!
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine wearing 2 bras!!! I'm a 42DDD or F depending on where you shop. I started running and actually enjoying riding a horse after finding the Enell sports bra, I wouldn't dream of running before for the damage it would do to my tissue. Features I love about it:

1) It clasps up the front, no more struggling in/out of a tight and sweaty sports bra
    2) One layer of fabric from the shoulder straps crosses to the other side across the back, I find this to improve posture and be much more supportive in reducing back pain.
    3) It is made of high quality material. I am pierced and you can't see a thing through the bra (read: no nipping out!)
    4) It now comes in Orchid/Purple!!!!

I use the Enell Sport model: www.enell.com

They are pricey, but I still have my first one that I bought 6 years ago and it's still in great shape! I don't know of any other sports bra that will last that long!
  • dadams10
    Options
    So I'm a small chested woman (34B), but I have many lovely friends who are very large chested. Everyone I know SWEARS by this bra. It IS expensive. Most of my friends purchased one, and then fell in love and eventually got 1-2 more. It is all they wear now. It is carried in a 38C and 38D. I would definitely attempt to go to a store if there is a local one and try them on. I have 4 bras from this store, and I will absolutely never buy a sports bra from anywhere else. They do great for support, comfort, moisture wicking, and are a great quality. Once I built up to my collection of 4, all I do now is purchase one new one a year. Often times I can find them on sale for $30 in store (admittedly this one may not go on sale as often). I figure $30 a year is worth it for how often I use them.

screenshot20121214at949.png

Why We Made This
    Not all bras were created equal. This little number was designed to keep our ladies on lockdown when we're running our hearts out. With crossable straps and hook and eye closure, it's fully adjustable so we can cater to our comfort.
    key features:
    • removable cups give shape and coverage and can be removed for extra breathability
    • hook and eye closures at the back give more support by letting you get a proper fit around the ribcage
    • adjust the wide straps for a proper fit
    • cross the straps over or wear them straight for maximum support
    • chafe-resistant flat seams help reduce chafing under the bust

Tech Specs:
    • designed for: run
    • fabric(s): Luxtreme®
    • properties: four-way stretch, moisture wicking, preshrunk, chafe resistant, breathable
    • support level: full
    • coverage: full

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=9055&skuId=3466640&catId=women-sports-bras
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    When I was a 38E, I wore Moving Comfort Juno bras in a size 40DD. They're pretty fantastic. I also have Moving Comfort Fiona which I like. I didn't like it as well at first, but it's growing on me now.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have found that you can get good prices on sports bras at outlets (Hanes sells Champion) or at TJ Maxx. Unless you have a problem with wearing last year's style sports bra, there is no reason to pay sporting good store prices.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I was a dd before the 88 pounds. I am now a small b. :sad: one size small sports bra is all I need. :sad: