Diet pills ...

Options
OK I need a little advice on this, my weight loss was ordered by a doc and it needed to be done as quickly as possible. I found a plant based weight loss pill called V3 and it has really been working with the new eating habits and workouts. BUT i'm a little worried that after I start to get off of them some of my weight will come back. Anyone have experience on this one???
***IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT PLEASE TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE THANKS!*** :glasses:

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    You know what you should do, strength training. Lifting weights is the best way to drop you body fat.

New rules of lifting for women
    Stronglifts 5x5
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    No one has permanent weight loss with pills... only life style changes. Dump the pills... cut out bread, potatoes, rice, pasta.. anything that spikes your blood sugar (look up high glycemic foods)... and keep exercising. easier said than done but at least its permanent.

Yes i know people say complex carbs are good, but if you look up potatoes... they are HUGE on the glycemic scale!!!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I would think your weight loss is from your new eating habits and exercise routine. I doubt the pill is helping as much as you think. If you're worried about going off of them in the future, try going off of them now and if your eating habits and exercise stay the same you should continue to lose weight.

If the pill is suppressing your hunger, it's probably better to deal with that yourself through changing your habits, otherwise you won't be able to improve your relationship with food and probably will gain weight back when you stop taking them.

I'm not a doctor but I DID just finish watching Greys Anatomy, so you should probably listen to me. :happy:
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would think your weight loss is from your new eating habits and exercise routine. I doubt the pill is helping as much as you think.

This! She's right, I've tried quite a few different pills/aids/herbal supplements in the past year and none of them really do much at all, it's all you! Whenever I've been on some kind of pill, I count my calories more carefully, exercise more and generally behave myself. Then when I drop a couple pounds I'd be like "wow, those pills made me drop 3lb!" when they didn't...it was me!
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    the weight will come back only if you break your exercise and diet habits. going off youll probably notice a change in hunger and energy. try to stick to what you were doing before and there should be no change in weight
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    OK I need a little advice on this, my weight loss was ordered by a doc and it needed to be done as quickly as possible. I found a plant based weight loss pill called V3 and it has really been working with the new eating habits and workouts. BUT i'm a little worried that after I start to get off of them some of my weight will come back. Anyone have experience on this one???
    ***IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT PLEASE TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE THANKS!*** :glasses:

Seriously? Do you get what has been working? If you changed your eating habits and are working out, do you really think these snake oil pills are the catalyst? If you keep eating at a calorie deficit and working out, whether you are taking these placebo's or not, you will continue to lose weight......
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You know what you should do, strength training. Lifting weights is the best way to drop you body fat.

New rules of lifting for women
    Stronglifts 5x5

BEST BOOK EVER!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    NO :angry:
  • stephdeeable
    Options
    No one has permanent weight loss with pills... only life style changes. Dump the pills... cut out bread, potatoes, rice, pasta.. anything that spikes your blood sugar (look up high glycemic foods)... and keep exercising. easier said than done but at least its permanent.

Yes i know people say complex carbs are good, but if you look up potatoes... they are HUGE on the glycemic scale!!!

While this works for some people, eating a diet with no bread, potatoes, rice or pasta would be as unsustainable for some as losing weight with diet pills is.

I don't want to live in a world with no potatoes.
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    I would think your weight loss is from your new eating habits and exercise routine. I doubt the pill is helping as much as you think. If you're worried about going off of them in the future, try going off of them now and if your eating habits and exercise stay the same you should continue to lose weight.

If the pill is suppressing your hunger, it's probably better to deal with that yourself through changing your habits, otherwise you won't be able to improve your relationship with food and probably will gain weight back when you stop taking them.

I'm not a doctor but I DID just finish watching Greys Anatomy, so you should probably listen to me. :happy:

Thank you! lol And yes suppressing my hunger is the major impact so far.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I for one applaud you for changing your eating and exercising plan - and while it is correct that in the long run the pills will not give you your long term results, they are helping you now - Would you tell someone who just had leg surgery not to use crutches - of course not. Cut yourself a break for now and when you are ready to come off the pills then do so slowly and remember your new found good skills you are learning.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If your weight loss was ordered by a Doctor then you need to ask them if they recommend over the the counter Fat Loss supplements or a perscription.

Most OTC supplements require a sensible diet and exercise to see results.

I suggest getting a referral for a dietician first so you can find a healthy plan for weight loss.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills will ruin your metabolism and make it harder for you to lose weight once you are off the pills. Reason being is the pill will make you burn calories in some way normally by speeding up your metabolism and then your body will no longer run its own system and will stop doing its job. After you stop taking the pills your body won’t automatically start up your metabolism again you will have to rebuild it from scratch.
  • green022
    Options
    Thank you this is great to hear!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    no no. just no. and this is speaking from diet pill hell experience when i was a teenager.
  • green022
    Options
    NO :angry:
    Thank you for your comment!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale, log your calories, and stay active, and the weight should melt off your body.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you have the diet & exercise down - i think you'll be good.

If you are stressing about going cold turkey from them, wean yourself off instead. It's true they suppress your appetite - but even tho you are putting in the right work, you might feel better stepping down off of them, or go cold turkey but if you need one here & there take one (with a goal to take less ea day / wk, whatever)....

I lift 2x / day 4 days a wk + do cardio 2x / day once a wk & I also eat low fat (ratios are currently 404020) - that being said,I keep a pack of appetite suppressants at my desk - i've used maybe 2 in the last 6 months & they are NOT ideal for daily living, but they help at times (even if just in my head)...

In additon, i'd wait a wk or so if you go cold turkey to weigh yourself / measure yourself - they may have some water retention or other side effects that would make it appear as tho you are gaining weight once you come off them - but most changes in your diet / exercise can have that effect. When ever I go from bulking to cutting or vice versa, i stay away from the scale for the 1st wk or 2 - just for my sanity :D ...
  • stephdeeable
    Options

Thank you! lol And yes suppressing my hunger is the major impact so far.

I get that, even when you start eating healthier foods, your appetite doesn't change as quickly, I was used to eating large amounts of food at a time, and feeling hungry all the time was something that was/is hard for me sometimes.

The ways I deal with my hunger are pretty simple
    - I drink lots of water throughout the day
    - I get enough sleep. The amount is different for everyone. I need 8 or 9 hours. When I only sleep 5/6 hours a day I notice how much hungrier I am throughout the day
    - I try to spread my calories all throughout the day so I am eating all day long, Again, this is a personal preference.
    -I locate my trouble zones and try to be proactive. For example, I know I like to eat late at night, and I don't think I can really cut that out, so I save a few hundred calories for after dinner.
    -I found out what was most filling to me. Some people are more satisfied by carbs, or protein or fat. I find that items higher in fat/protein keep me full for longer. But it also varies by food items itself, bananas have little to not fat or protein, but a banana will get me by an hour or two until my next meal.
    -Finding foods you can still eat large portions of. Sometimes I just want to eat a large amount of something. My veggies with dinner are usually 2 cups worth, that's a big as$ pile of broccoli, my friend....but not very many calories. I make my salads in enormous mixing bowls, I still use moderation in toppings such as cheese or dressing, but 3 cups of romaine lettuce have never hurt anyone. (I apologize in advance to anyone who has lost someone in a terrible lettuce accident)
    -I use moderation and eliminate no foods. I'd rather eat a 250 calorie chocolate bar than eat 600 calories of something "healthy" to convince myself to not eat a chocolate bar.

Again, these are things that work for me, everyone has different tactics they use, but I think in the long run you would be happier finding out what works for you, and what you can sustain for a lifetime. This is much more beneficial than going on and off pills and having to worry so much.
  • sconda
    Options
    hi stephdeable, I got a supplement like that from a site slimfolkz.com. However it was a natural supplement , so it was easy for me to take and have been on it for some time now. I will advise you go on supplement that are as natural as possible