JIllian Michaels 30 Day Shred! Help!

Options
I have been hearing lot about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I really want to try it! Do you need any sort of equipment to go with it? Also, im assuming you will need alot of living room space too? Give me your feedback please! :)

Also, if anyone has any success stories with this product please let me know!!!

Replies

• wvwinner
    wvwinner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You really don't need any space at all. You can pretty much do the entire 30 day shred on a yoga mat :) As for equipment just the dvd and a set of hand weights. I use 5lbs but sometimes have to drop down to 3lbs for some of the shoulder exercises. I love the 30 day shred. It was tough the first few days and you will be extremely sore because of the lunges but if you keep pushing yourself the soreness wears off after the first few days.

Hope this helps :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you needs some Jillian Michaels motivation!!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You can find the videos on You Tube. You do use hand weights..I started with anything I could find, like soup cans until I got some. You don't need a ton of space, it's a combo of cardio, abs and strength. Good luck :)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You really don't need any space at all. You can pretty much do the entire 30 day shred on a yoga mat :) As for equipment just the dvd and a set of hand weights. I use 5lbs but sometimes have to drop down to 3lbs for some of the shoulder exercises. I love the 30 day shred. It was tough the first few days and you will be extremely sore because of the lunges but if you keep pushing yourself the soreness wears off after the first few days.

Hope this helps :)

Feel free to add me as a friend if you needs some Jillian Michaels motivation!!

This ^^.

I am doing combo of 30DS and BFBM currently for a "60DS". I have a schedule on my blog.

Best Wishes!!
  • lea_9130
    lea_9130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I recently started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am day 3 and I am loving it already.
    You can really feel the burn especially in your legs but that pushes me to work through the exercises because I know how much I want to achieve my target weight.
    You don't need much space and at the moment i'm only using tin cans of soup weighing 1KG until I purchase some hand weights.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I really want to do the DVD but I can only exercise upstairs - don't think it would be a good idea!
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.I just brought the 30 day shred myself. Has anyone lost an significant amount of weight as the program promised?
  • ariswilson
    ariswilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have also just bought the DVD and am now on Day 3. Fingers crossed :-)
  • Jenya05
    Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.I just brought the 30 day shred myself. Has anyone lost an significant amount of weight as the program promised?

The first time I did it, I lost 8 lbs, and 3.5 inches off of my waist alone. It is definitely a good way to see some quick results.
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I really want to do the DVD but I can only exercise upstairs - don't think it would be a good idea!
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I heard so much about this that the Hubbs decided to buy it for me today....looking forward to doing it afterwork.
  • inksyrup
    inksyrup Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I don't weigh myself, but here are my results so far. I just started level 3 yesterday.
    18oyzk.jpg
    Day 1, day 5, day 15, and day 20.

I have a hard time seeing if there's really a difference, but I thought I'd let you decide for yourself! I do feel much stronger, though. I used to never be able to do pushups, but they're easy-peasy now. Jillian is a lot of fun, so working out goes by fast.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options

I don't weigh myself, but here are my results so far. I just started level 3 yesterday.
    18oyzk.jpg
    Day 1, day 5, day 15, and day 20.

I have a hard time seeing if there's really a difference, but I thought I'd let you decide for yourself! I do feel much stronger, though. I used to never be able to do pushups, but they're easy-peasy now. Jillian is a lot of fun, so working out goes by fast.

wow you look awesome!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 4 today. I have not lost a lot of weight but I am pretty far in my weight loss journey. I have however lost a fair bit of inches which is my focus right now. I measure at the end of each level, between level 1 and 2 I had already lost 3.5 inches all around.

I do it in my living room with 5lbs weights and I don't use a mat because I don't have one, we have hardwood and it hasn't been a problem at all.