For the Ladies:

Options

Replies

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    that was a hard lesson for me to learn that it did not matter what I weigh or what the bmi said we are all build different. I for one celebrate that I am 'bottom' heavy it is who I am and no matter what that who I will always be
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!
  • mrsraushel
    Options
    Oh, I guess I could add, with regards to both their weights:

Just because you have a high number on the scale doesn't mean you're fat or unhealthy.

Or that BMI proves you are fat or unhealthy.

If a 26 BMI lists her as overweight but she is healthy and fit....well for people who use BMI as a rating system, I personally don't.

I was just using that to note how flawed that BMI system is.

BF% is what people really should use. These ladies BF% isn't available for me to post, and I don't know their phone #'s.

This made me smile! :) I struggle with BMI # accuracy all the time. I try to look at it as a "guideline." It is fascinating to me how people like these ladies can "look" so similar but be at completely different weights/ BMIs.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Great & positive post, thank you for the inspiration!
  • MacDHH
    MacDHH Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! Cycling is my exercise of choice, and although I know that I will never look like an athlete, it's nice to see what biking can do to a body. Thanks :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but notice the camel toe lol!
  • licorice_twig
    Options
    Oh, I guess I could add, with regards to both their weights:

Just because you have a high number on the scale doesn't mean you're fat or unhealthy.

...and just because you have a low number on the scale, doesn't mean you're fit or healthy. Nobody sees the number on the scale, or on the size label, but you. Get healthy. These other numbers don't matter.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! Cycling is my exercise of choice, and although I know that I will never look like an athlete, it's nice to see what biking can do to a body. Thanks :)

Never say never!
  • chivalryder
    Options

Where?

That's a chamois. They have a cut down the middle. The padding is about 3mm thick. You'll never see cameltoe from a bike suit.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options

Where?

That's a chamois. They have a cut down the middle. The padding is about 3mm thick. You'll never see cameltoe from a bike suit.

Ahh I see, it's not camel hoof then lol
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    GIRL POWAH! :heart:
  • chivalryder
    Options
    bump
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great post. I always thought I should be 160 but after calculating my body fat % I was shocked to know I should only go no lower than 170. 180 is very comfortable for me. I feel that goal more attainable. Body fat% is key.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Great post! thank you!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thanks for sharing!
  • barbi1281
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! This is so true! I have a friend who is the same height as me but weighed 95lbs as a size 0... I was 110 as a 0 because I worked out. According to BMI charts I should be in the 95-125 range and my 130lb, 11 year old gymnast is obese. I'd look sick at anything less than 110 and my daughter just took 1st, 3rd, and 4th at her last meet so something is definitely flawed. My goal is to get healthy and my goal weight is 115 which is what I weighed when I didn't have any health problems.
  • beproudbestrong
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!!! We need more woman like these 2 out in our world!!!