Addicted to the scale!

Options
I'm seriously addicted to my scale. Every time it come into view I just have to step on it. Not only that but I step off then step back on a few times more just to double check. At times I believe I'm doing great food wise and as soon as I step on that scale my mood and self esteem is crushed. That's when I say you know what, forget it. Why try when clearly nothing's working. I try to remind myself that my weight fluctuate throughout the day as do everyone else's, yet I suddenly have the urge to just eat any and everything. Why bother, right? I'm trying to stay away. I haven't stepped on it in a few days and I feel great. I'm staying within my calories and I'm trying to move more. Why must the scale continue to be my enemy?

Replies

• eluepnitz272622
    eluepnitz272622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. If I don't weigh myself I feel tell myself what if what I'm doing isn't working and I'm just gaining, so I weigh myself and I have gained weight so I get discouraged. I had to make one of my goals only to weigh myself once a week.
  • photochic81
    photochic81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a scale junkie! I probably step on the scale over 20 times a day and most of those times I take off all my clothes so just imagine how long it takes lol. Don't get discouraged! Just think oh wow, it went up a few ounces.....I gotta work a little harder or drink more water .....or something positive not negative. Like you said, you know if fluctuates throughout the day so just continue to remember that!

I would say try to only weigh once a day but we know that wont happen lol! Keep positive!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I had to take the battery out of mine and give it to my hubby. He let's me have it back once a week on my weigh-in days lol
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the scale too! I weigh a minimum of 3xs a day. I have been tracking my weight daily for over a year. :blushing:
  • JRT3sMom
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I too have to completely strip down before I step on. I have even removed it from my bathroom in the past. Now I try to just weigh myself as soon as I wake up.
  • patty4899
    Options
    Once a day in the morning before I take my shower.
  • adiefuhren
    Options
    Health and beauty is not measured by a number on the scale! Everyone is different! I rarely weigh myself because it tends to just get me down in the dumps too. Just continue to eat healthy and exercise and forget the scale!!!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Once a day in the morning before I take my shower.

This !
  • JRT3sMom
    Options
    Ok I feel back under the the spell of my dreaded scale! It had me ready to give up yet again. My husband mentioned if I never step foot on my scale and just tracked my weight loss by my appearance and the way my clothes fit I would be happy with my progress thus far. He also suggested that he hide the scale that way I only step on it once a week. Sounds good to me because clearly I have zero self control when it come to that thing. My MFP friends are awesome and I appreciate them more than they will ever know.
  • azwildcats7
    azwildcats7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem! I actually just took it out of the bathroom recently, I put it on a top shelf in the closet and am only going to bring it out once every 2 weeks. I tend to lose weight pretty slowly and stepping on the scale a thousand times just makes me more frustrated. Take your measurements!! I've lost several inches and knowing that is keeping me sane and motivated! :)