Experience w/ exercise balls

Behavior_Modification
Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi MFP friends. I want to buy an exercise ball for at home. I am asking for your input on what brand you like. Instead of just picking one that might pop on me, or paying too much when I can get one for cheaper, I thought I'd ask around. Please share your exercise ball knowledge and experiences. Much appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It really doesn't matter. I "inherited" one from my sister and it was the 2nd cheapest one at Target. :happy: In my experience, they're all pretty much the same. And you can do SO much with one! I really need to blow mine up and start using it again.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    I HAVE ONE THAT I SIT ON HERE AT WORK AND ANOTHER ONE AT HOME. I LOVE THEM
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    The only one I've had pop is the one my cat landed on when he jumped out of the closet. :laugh: I have el cheapo WalMart one now - works fine for me :flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Price really doesn't matter (IMO) but size does, make sure it's recommended for your height.:smile:
  • lorifil
    lorifil Posts: 1
    It doesn't really matter what brand you use, mine is a cheap one from Walmart and it works the same as the expensive one at my PT class. The balls are awesome especially for core work but you can use them for your whole body. They do take a little time to get used but don't give up, the results are well worth it. When I first started using one, I could barely sit on it and now I can do pushup's!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    The only time I would suggest getting an expensive one is if it's going to be used a lot like in a physical therapy clinic. If you are using it at home the cheap ones are fine. The one I have at home right now was like 9 bucks at Walmart and works just fine.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    How do you determine the right size?
This discussion has been closed.