Trim 1-2" from waistline?

Options
sdirks
sdirks Posts: 223 Member
Hi guys!

Confession: I have a problem with clothes. I like them too much. I went shopping the other day and fell in LUUURVE with what is essentially a Japanese schoolgirl skirt--super high-waisted, pleated, and very short. It's adorable. Unfortunately, the manufacturer seems to believe that women come in 2 sizes: "twig" and "model." I ended up buying it in a size twig, lol.

My waist is 28.5" and I'm just off TOM, so there's no bloating to combat (thank God!!!). The skirt measures 28" even. I'd like to get 1.5" off my waist, but even 1" would do the trick. I want to wear it to a cocktail party on April 15th, which gives me just over 2 weeks.

Here's my plan so far:
50 minute yoga/pilates class 4x/week
sleep 8 hours/night
daily whey protein smoothie
grilled chicken & fish, no fatty or red meats
at least 1 raw fruit or veggie with every meal
10+ glasses of water/day
keep sodium under 2000/day

I have CFICS, so I can't do any intense cardio (jogging, aerobics, spinning, etc), but I'm open to any other *healthy* suggestions. What's worked for you ladies? Anyone else trying to squeeze into something skimpy as the weather warms up? :)

Replies

• Virgology80
    Options
    Your plan of attack sounds great!! Good luck.
    Can you do side-ways sit ups too (muffin top crunches as my bf calls them)? 50 each side every morning or night before bed?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Yoga & Pilates are greeeat for trimming waistlines. :happy: Wow, I can't wait to have that small of a waist again. I'm at 33" right now. Last month I was a 34 1/2" and I did a ton of cardio and just stayed within my calories... I didn't do a lot of ab work or anything so that's what I attribute my loss to. I'm going to start doing some more ab work, though. Need to speed this process along!
  • sdirks
    Options
    Can you do side-ways sit ups too (muffin top crunches as my bf calls them)? 50 each side every morning or night before bed?

I have a great pilates video from CRUNCH Gym: 50 minutes of freakishly hard ab exercises and an instructor who's so lean, I swear she's descended from aliens and giraffes. I get the added cardio of cursing her out under my breath while my abs are burning and my entire body is shaking, lol. I've dropped 20lbs so far, but I'm still afraid of that video!!! I'm doing it this afternoon, though. Alternating between that devil dvd and a 90 minute Baron Baptists dvd, plus my tango classes 2x/week.
  • sdirks
    Options
    Sounds good! Yoga & Pilates are greeeat for trimming waistlines. :happy: Wow, I can't wait to have that small of a waist again. I'm at 33" right now.

I was at 34" waist when I started MFP at the end of November. You'd be surprised how much water, fruits and veggies can do! I only started yoga & pilates in February.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I'm confused... don't we always learn here (over and over and over and over again) that we can't "spot reduce"?

Keep doing your exercise sure, but invest in a waist cincher, corset, or some other undergarment that's going to suck you in because losing 1.5" in two weeks, when you've already lost your 5.5" of water weight and excess fat off your tummy might prove more difficult than you think. And if you're just finishing your cycle, wouldn't you be getting close to starting it and therefore retaining water in about 15 days? Not saying it's impossible, just make sure your expectations are realistic.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... don't we always learn here (over and over and over and over again) that we can't "spot reduce"?

You can't spot reduce as far as losing fat...but you can strengthen the muscles underneath and some exercises do thin you out. As long as she's eating right and still getting her cardio, it should work fine.
  • sdirks
    Options
    I know spot reduction is a myth: I'm looking to full-body reduce, lol! The area I'm most concerned with is my waist, but a little off the hips, thighs or even bust wouldn't kill me (I'm a 30DD! It would be nice to buy bras at regular stores).

Also, my 28.5" measurement was from last week. I measured again after yoga and was at 28" even. I think another half inch in 2 weeks is well within reach--providing I can stay away from the tub of chocolate frozen yogurt in my freezer!!!