1000 miles club.

Options
From mid June my goal was to run 1000 miles this year. This morning I achieved my goal; though I did somewhat stumbled across the line.

I wondered how many of my fellow MFPers and runners had managed something similar and how far?
I'm posting this because I'm quite proud of myself and I'd be interested to hear of other people’s achievements.

Replies

• gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing! I don't think I can even imagine doing that. It sounds like a great challenge for next year though. I have 17 days to get into better running shape so I can start off strong. Congrats on meeting your goal!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I'm at 2534 for the year.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think I did about 1200 last year and aimed for similar this year but got a stress fracture in February so now I am nearer 700 miles.

Well done :drinker:
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    1271 since feb. 1
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 1098 miles for the year so far for me:)
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's an awesome goal to have... I may have to copy you ;)
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Blimey, how impressive is that!!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I've never run in my entire life, ever . Started the C25K in mid August. I'm at 70 miles so far. I'm pretty happy about that.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had a few months this year were I lost some motivation. I'll still finish with about 1200. I'm thinking about a goal for next year now... 30 mpw would get me 1500, but 35 mpw would get me 1800, and then 40 mpw would get me 2000. But I need time to swim and bike too.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    477 since Aug
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Nice job all!

I'm at 2,348 for the year - thinking I'll finish with ~ 2,450.

My advice to anyone who cares to listen is to just run and don't get too caught up in the arbitrary mileage goals. Goals are great, but the only way to hit them is to stay healthy and if the goals are too lofty you end up injured.
  • PrincessCambo
    PrincessCambo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! That's great! I think I only ran short of 400 miles this year. I should set a realistic goal for myself and try to stick to it. I needed to hear this! This will encourage me to finish 400 miles and set a new goal for next year.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Lots of high mileage peeps here.

As for me I am 7.1 miles away from 1000 for the year. I won't likely hit it this evening but certainly on my next run.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1134 for the year. I'm hoping to hit 1200 by Dec 31 - although since I haven't run all week because of work and being sick, that goal just got a little more challenging.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1925 for the year, will finish just over 2000.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just broke 1000 for the year for the first time on Wednesday, up to 1016 today.

This was my goal last year and I only ran 411. This year, I had no mileage goal, but trained for my first marathon, peaking at around 50 miles per week and am just now building the mileage back up after my taper.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    3357 miles running as of lunchtime today. Great job for everybody who met or will meet their goals this year.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    2,477 miles this year!!
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost count, do I have to start over?
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm at 2534 for the year.