Injury....but still need to exercise

Options
I have just found out that I have a bursa on my left hip. For those who don't know a bursa is the 'gel' around the hip muscle and it's really inflamed. My doctor said I'm not allowed to walk up hills while it's healing. I want to still work out, but where I live it's really dark before and after work, and I'm really clutsy and I have a big fear I will hurt myself more if I go walking in the dark, even with a flashlight.
I was seeing if anyone had any excercise tips or ideas that is low impact but still efficient enought to get my heart rate up. I'm going to start some yoga, but I have a feeling that won't get my HR up. I would love your help, thanks in advance.

Replies

• Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What about yoga? Or would that be too much for your hip? How about dumb bells and do some light exercises with those?
  • kerriotto
    Options
    In my experience, Bikram yoga can help heal your body. It's an amazing workout, too. You get cardio benefits but it's low impact.
  • kayprincess08
    Options
    What about yoga? Or would that be too much for your hip? How about dumb bells and do some light exercises with those?

I'm hoping it won't be too much for my hip. I figured I would start out slow and not push myself too far. What are some excerises to do with dumb bells? I've never really experemited with them.