Almost 40 pounds down and 20" off

Options
So, I started this journey at the end of April/12. I have to say it's been both hard and easy. I don't really care for exercise (that was the hard part...oh and giving up and the junk foods I use to eat constantly) but did it anyway and I'm actually kinda starting to enjoy it a bit...especially the strength training part...although I have majorly been slacking over the past month and half but have been maintaining with a slight weight loss. I plan to kick my *kitten* in gear again after the Christmas holidays and get back at it to reach my goal by spring. I figure the slower but consistent loss will make it easier to maintain my goal weight because I've both learnt and become accustom to my new life and eating habits I started off tipping the scare at nearly 192 lbs. I'm pretty short (5' 2.9") so that is a lot of weight for my frame. It's been a slow and steady race for me with just over 15 lbs left until I reach my goal. At that point, I will re-*kitten* if I want to loose more or not. I have currently lost 39.4 lbs and have lost about 20" or so off of my body so far. I still have some problem areas I want to work on and tone up a lot more but so far... I am THRILLED! Every 10 pounds or so I take a set of pictures so I can see my progress and keep myself motivated :smile:

I've had to go shopping a couple of times to buy new clothes. I went from a 16-18 pants down to a 10-12 depending on the pants and from an XL shirt down to a M...MEDIUM!!! I don't remember when the last time was that I bought a medium ANYTHING! I bought a coat a couple months ago in a M and now I could of probably got a small because it feels a bit big. But, with winter here, it's nice to be able to layer :smile: It was my husband's Christmas part a couple weeks ago and I work this beautiful dress that I haven't worn in about 8-9 years. I ended up having to take it in because it was a size or to big for me! I was so excited...and I looked pretty damn hot in the dress too if I don't say so myself :tongue:

Anyway, here are some progress pics over the last almost 8 months. My last set of pics will be taken when I reach my goal :smile:

first2months-2.jpg

Replies

• Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You can definitely see the difference. Great job :)
  • DeterminedAshley
    DeterminedAshley Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You look great!! It's crazy what an extra 40 pounds does to your body.

Would you say counting calories was the biggest contributor to your weight loss?
  • tammytee93
    tammytee93 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Keep up the hard work.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You look great!! It's crazy what an extra 40 pounds does to your body.

Would you say counting calories was the biggest contributor to your weight loss?

I'm not really sure. I had horrible eating habits. I was a junk food junky and would rather eat a big bag of chips, pop and chocolate instead of real food during the day and then I'd eat a big supper. I never really exercised at alI. I changed EVERYTHING when I decided to do this and live a better and healthier life. I didn't want to end up like my parents...grossly obese with a slew of health problems. I wanted to be able to play with my kids and my grand kids (in the future when I get some). My parents can't do that really with my kids. They can't run around and play or walk for long periods of time without something hurting or them getting tired. In the fall I took up roller blading and found out I love it so my son and I go out together. I'm still learning and it's winter now so there is a lot of snow but I can't wait until spring when I can get back on them again. It's quite a workout too. Also after Christmas my husband is wanting to get into getting in shape so we may be buying a Bowflex...which I'm very excited about :smile:

So, I think it was just a combination of eating better and how much, drinking lots of water and being active or exercising.
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    amazing results, Great Job!!
  • fruitloop2
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You look great!:heart:
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look great! What a difference 40 lbs makes!
  • ditalini
    ditalini Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you look great well done congrats
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great job and I cannot wait to see what my final 40lbs will look like now!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, congratulations!!!
  • MasterKat
    Options
    You look great fruitloop! I've gone from a 16 to a 10/12 and it was just a great feeling. I just can't wait to get into single digit pants!!! :bigsmile:
  • fruitloop2
    Options
    We went to a Christmas party this weekend at a friend's house and we saw a lot of friends we haven't seen for a few months. Everyone was commenting on how I looked. It was a good feeling but also a bit embarrassing. I'm 1) not use to a lot of complements and 2) I must have looked really bad before, lol. I'm happy about the complements though...means it's a big difference and I look WAY better :)
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a grandma and that inability to play with my granddaughter was what motivated me. Only 17 pounds into the process, but already it's easier (and less painful!) to get up off the floor when I'm playing with her. :-) I want to be able to keep up with my grandchildren for as long as possible.
  • fruitloop2
    Options
    I'm a grandma and that inability to play with my granddaughter was what motivated me. Only 17 pounds into the process, but already it's easier (and less painful!) to get up off the floor when I'm playing with her. :-) I want to be able to keep up with my grandchildren for as long as possible.

That's fantastic! I wish my mom would have that attitude. :( Instead she just blames age, diets never work (no kidding), etc etc. I try to tell her what she needs to do and she just doesn't want to do what it takes or listen to my advice so I give up and keep my fingers crossed that her health hold up. My step-dad developed Diabetes over the last year and has other issues as well because of the weight and my mom has had to have knee surgery once already and now has to go again, her feet are always bothering her when she walks and I'm sure there are other health issues too. I worry about them every day! :(
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    WoohoOOOoo!!! you look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • naner61
    Options
    Great Job! Woo Hoo!
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Any pics in the dress?
  • fruitloop2
    Options
    Looking good! Any pics in the dress?

Sadly no. I forgot to take any :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!