Teachers carry guns?

Options

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just STFU.

When has a "chit chat" forum moved a fkn mountain? Halt the fkn political type debates for a fkn day.

You have one of the most horrific things happen - JUST HAPPEN.

Ugh.

/THREAD
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    not teachers. heaven forbid something careless happen and a child get it, or one of the teachers snaps or something. on the otherhand, a few police officers at the school to patrol and be on duty or armed security gaurds may not be a bad idea. or even a few teachers or faculty trained and licensed for a carry and conceal may be beneficial too.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Trojanbb that worked great in the wild west didnt it?

Actually, there was recent university published showing the Wild West had one of the most efficient justice systems in world history. Including a relatively low incidence of crime.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Maybe they should keep a gun in a protected lock box kind of like they do fire extinguishers. If they must use it, they break the box and an alarm goes off. This way if the gun falls into the wrong hands, everyone is notified right away and it will also be readily available in the time of emergency. What happened today is such a tragedy!!!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty ignorant of the OP to even create a thread like this.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Fact is, the tighter gun laws are, the more common this things are becoming. Since the 10th century, hundreds of years, people have owned guns. Today, gun laws are tighter than ever and these things keep happening more and more often.

Gun's are not the issue, sick people are the issue. If guns were illegal, the perp would have used something else, maybe even a bomb and done MORE damage.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    From CNN:
    White House spokesman Jay Carney

"I think it's important on a day like today to view this as I know the president, as a father does and I as a father and others who are parents certainly do, which is to feel enormous sympathy for families that are affected and to do everything we can to support state and local law enforcement and support those who are enduring what appears to be a very tragic event. There is, I'm sure, will be, rather, a day for discussion of the usual Washington policy debates but I don't think today is that day.

It's called tact.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    No. Never.

Heck, even security guards don't carry guns!
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This is such a screwed up question. Only in America.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Yeah ^ no.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Why don't we all just wake the *kitten* up and show some respect. Leave the debate until the children are buried and today just give it a rest. May god rest their souls.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hard to even answer this properly after such a huge tragedy today. Ugh.
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't really think this is the time to get political.

Seriously, it's a little too soon.

^^ this
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    WAKE UP!! LESS GUNS NOT MORE!

Yeah, so then only the criminals that don't care about laws anyway can get access to them....there's an idea.

Because that worked so well with drugs. Oh wait....no it didn't

Cause clearly this is the same thing. Oh wait.... no it isn't.

lol, I was agreeing with you!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Do you think they should?

Are you *kitten* kidding me?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This is such a screwed up question. Only in America.

^THIS
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Arm teachers? Heck no. If we are not going to control firearms somehow, we'll all have to arm our kids, our kindergarteners. I'm not sending my kids out there at a disadvantage, just because somebody doesn't understand that the second amendment may have outlived its usefulness and may need to be altered.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Do you think they should?

Please sit in the corner and listen to your Nickelback CD in silence.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    drog2323
    Joined Feb 2011
    Fri 12/14/12 11:34 AM
    WAKE UP!! LESS GUNS NOT MORE!
    Report Post Quote Reply

Drog said less guns...that only applies to law abiding citizens....again I say the bad guy has so many ways to get illegal weapons...

SO I SAY MORE WEAPONS BUT IN THE SCHOOLS....SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS....AND NICE TALL FENCES WITH RAZOR WIRE.... KIDS ARE WORTH SO MUCH....

ACCEPT IT, THAT IS JUST THE WAY THE WORLD IS NOW...ITS NOT LIKE 50 YEARS AGO...WE ARE IN A BAD FIX RIGHT NOW..

I GOT BUNCHES OF GUNS AND SURELY NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM.... I KNOW WHEN AND WHEN NOT TO

USE A WEAPON....

PEOPLE PLEASE GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE SAND...
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    No. However, each school having an Officer or 2 always present, would be good.

Budget cuts have made it so we can't have a school resource officer anymore. budgets are cut to the point in some places we can no longer provided needed services to all the students.
This discussion has been closed.