Connecting with other Vegans/ support/recipes

Options
katznketo
katznketo Posts: 323 Member
Hi, I am back on this site after going vegan for the 19 days now. I have lost 8 pounds and gotten rid of artificial everything.

I am feelin good and my skin is starting to take on a rosey glow. I found a man on PBS who inspired me to try it for 21 days. Well, that will be in 2 more days. The only reason why I'm counting is because I am so happy and astonished with this whole process.

The most interesting thing is that my brain isn't into what I'm gonna eat next. I feel pretty good. And when I don't, I am able to drink some water, get a small amount of veggies or beans and I am content. It's a blessing from God, for sure.

I made some wonderful lasage (sp) last night with rice noodles. (I'm trying of avoid wheat). I made the rest of the family the whole wheat noodles. I am not the greatest cook but I've been following recipes that are low/non fat or adjusting them to what I need. Anyhow, let me know how you do this Vegan thing because I can use all the help I can get. kc

Replies

• Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    You need to add "ChefJeremyC" as a friend. . . he does a blog on here that has vegetarian meals.

Good luck,

D
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Congratulations on setting a goal, getting there and feeling so good because of it! That's wonderful! I can't help you with vegan recipes, sorry, but I do cook gluten and casein free for my family in order to meet the needs of our toddler. I LOVE rice pasta!!! If you have a Trader Joes, get it there, it's so much cheaper than anywhere else I've found it and it's organic. My family likes the brown rice pasta better than the whole wheat we were using before we went gluten free, so you may want to get yours to try the rice with you.

Congratulations and best wishes on your new lifestyle :)
  • katznketo
    Options
    Fantastic! I will. Thanks, kc
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a vegetarian diet for the last few years (I do eat milk and eggs), but I try to focus on steamed vegetables, lots of fresh fruit, and brown rice and beans.. Lots of beans for the protein.. My husband and daughter eat meat, but my son and I don't so mealtimes do tend to get a little hectic at our house. Good Luck to you.. Becky
  • katznketo
    Options
    hey Becky,

I know what you mean. My two guys love meat. Jake's hates veggies so I decided to try to make the most delicious vegan meal I can. When they scream for meat, I give it to them.

I notice that 'the man' is going to his sister's after work a little more often. ha! hey, that's okay for me. I am following McDougall and his book goes into how bad the fat is for me in meat and eggs. Milk is horrible for us/children and I am learning so much. I got Silk for the kids who are very picking and they love it. (I buy the plain (less sugar) and I put in some vanilla)
    Well, I gott go clean. Be back later. kc
  • katznketo
    Options
    Becky/
    byhisgrace/
    D

Thanks for the response. I am trying to get away from wheat and gluten thinking that it makes my blood sugars go up abnormally. but I just ate vegan chili for dinner and have the same problem. And I just got through swimming hard for 1/2 hour.

So I think I need to lower my amounts because I was pretty hungry and ate a small cereal bowl full/ about 1cup of beans. Shouldn't be a lot to most people but for me it is.

i hope to talk to more vegan/wheat free people out there. I think I'm in this for the long haul. I like how I'm eating and am finding great recipes. :smile: kc