First week at myfitnesspal

Options
I been overweight for many years and at my heaviest I was 270lbs. I have tried many diet fads over the years and was unable to stick to any of them because I felt like I was starving. I pretty much have given up on dieting and just accepted the fact I would be overweight for the rest of my life.

What got me started losing weight was a decision to quit drinking sugar filled soda's. I actually dropped down 20lbs!

I was watching a youtube video about a girl in the UK that lost weight by cutting her calories so I went in search of low calorie diet weekly meal plans and was surprised by what I saw. You can actually eat three meals a day and lose weight. The more I thought about it the more excited I got. What really hit me over the head was that all I have to do is be mindful of what I eat. I don't have to eat a whole bag of chips when I'm bored, I can substitute the chips for low cal popcorn or cucumbers. Those kind of things is what I think will help me battle the weight in my life.

So I wanted to keep track of my calorie intake on my iPhone and I came across the myfitnesspal app and I have to say its the best thing that has happened to me. I am able to update it on the go and keep track of what I am eating and the workouts I do.

Sorry for the long post but I am so excited about being here and starting my journey to a healthier and fitter me!

Replies

• losingweightatl
    Options
  • Megzfitlog
    Options
    Congrats on your decision! It's hard, but worth it. The people here are generally really supportive.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, there are some great people on this site. who will offer help anytime.

Be Lucky :smile:
  • losingweightatl
    Options
    Thank you I can't wait to connect with people and hopefully we can support each other :)
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I really like using MFP. It helps me feel in control of what I'm eating without starving. :)
  • eleblanc999
    Options
    welcome to MFP! hopefully this works out as well for you as it has for me. it's hard work but with all the friends you meet it is so motivational. I can't remember the last time I was as small as I am now. Feel free to add me for motivational support :)
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! it's great that you want to lose weight and be healthy. The people here are really supportive and it helps to keep track of your intake and exercise. Good luck on your journey!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I second what everyone else has said about the very supportive and lovely people here! All the best to you on your health seeking journey!