Insanity?

Options
I am starting Insanity Monday, and Im nervous, does it work?

Replies

• ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think it works. I am on week 2 but my diet sucks right now.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    yes it does work.

I have done it (i'm now doing insanity asylum).

keep at it you will see improvements.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It does work indeed. Good luck you'll need it.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    it definitely works if you keep with it! good luck!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing the first month, and to be honest although I love it and can't wait to start month 2 properly, I have mixed feelings about it so it really depends on what you mean by 'work'. It is also worth thinking about what your expectations will be. It will definitely improve your fitness levels, you will see significant differences in the fit tests if you put the work in. However in terms of physical results it is harder to predict. I've been following the calorie guidance and macro recommendation of the nutrition guide and haven't lost any weight (but then it isn't specifically a weight-loss programme). I have lost almost an inch off my waist (yay!) and bust (boo!) but also gained an inch on my hips. I also spent the first three weeks feeling horribly bloated through all the water retention. This is perfectly normal and will shift eventually so don't worry about that. My abs are pretty toned now, but I have to say I have had much better physical results - in terms of toning and weight loss - through eating much less carefully than I am now and doing my regular exercise classes at the gym. But they do call the second month 'Results Month' so I'm hoping in five weeks' time I'll be more happy with the results than I am now.

Don't be scared - it is tough, and you do have to give it your all while you're working out, but having said that don't be afraid to take extra or longer breaks. The most important thing is to get your form right to keep safe and protect joints etc. And if that means doing half or fewer or the reps the guys on the video are doing then so be it.

Good luck!!