Healthy Recipes

Options
:smile: Can anyone give me a link or something for some healthy recipes?? My weight management coach keeps telling me to eat healthier but I dont know what to eat or have any recipes. If you have some good recipes please share. Thank You!!!:smile:

Replies

• Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: 400 cal or less dinners for a month - This is a thread thats going around right now. Everything looks delicious!
  • Krickette_16
    Options
    Cookinglight.com has somewonderful resipes. So does allrecipes.com and sparkrecipes.com

Those are 3 sites that I would recommend.
  • rcox75
    rcox75 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am trying to get my weight down a lot. And I am just getting fustrated with the food.. But Thank you!!!
  • LRogers2
    LRogers2 Posts: 15
    Options
    High Fiber Foods are excellent. A black bean quesadila for example with fresh veggies (I use already prepared pico de gallo) reduced fat cheese, avacado, mushrooms, and one healthy tortilla folded in half (south beach multi-grain)... will satisfy you for the entire afternoon. Less than 400 calories. Good luck!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    www.tasteofhome.com has some great recipes. Click on their link for "healthy recipes" which shows the nurtition facts & breaks them down into heart healthy, quick meals, high ratings, etc. Also try www.eatingwell.com for a bunch of healthy recipes. Some of the recipes on www.kraftfoods.com have the nutrition facts also. :drinker:
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    walmart sells a cookbook taste of home comfort foods diet nothing in it over 450 cal.
  • EJOHNSTON1621
    Options
    HI- here is a site I found from the biggest loser site www.eatbetteramerica.com it is AWESOME!!

Hope this helps!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    save!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I also suggest looking in the Recipe section of MFP. Lots of great ideas for healthy meals.
  • Chavtastic
    Chavtastic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This site was posted a few days ago. You can plan a whole day's worth of meals for 1200, 1400, etc calories.

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans
  • Krickette_16
    Options
    walmart sells a cookbook taste of home comfort foods diet nothing in it over 450 cal.

That is a wonderful cookbook!!

Another great place to search for cookbooks is at your local thrift stores. You'll be amazed at how many "newer" cookbooks you can find there. I'll skim through the books there, make sure the nutritional information is contained for each recipe and if lucky it will have what the serving size is for the recipe.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I really like recipezaar.com because that have nutritional value for alrecipes and you can create and save a cookcook and even upload a photo if you make one of their recipes.