Cursed Holiday Treats!!!

Options
It's that time of year again, where trays of cookies, brownies, sees candy and other GLORIOUSLY HATEFUL delicious goodies magically show up at my work for employees to consume.

Any sugguestions for avoiding them? The average calorie count on each treat is approx. 150 calories.:devil:

Replies

• coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I double my time on the treadmill in December..and then I eat, eat, eat!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew!! I try to eat something healthy before I go where I know it will be so at least I'm not hungry. Then I limit myself to one or two things that I really love. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just learn and move on!! Good Luck!!!
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ask someone to split a treat with you and then drink an additional glass of water or two. That's my plan of attack; whether the additional water is actually effective I don't know, but it makes me feel better about it. I know it is so hard to resist, but I find if I don't have a treat once in a while I will go over board and binge on them. You could also try to get a few more steps in and/or if you are able to work standing up for a while do that.
  • slrea2012
    slrea2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I double my time on the treadmill in December..and then I eat, eat, eat!

Yep... sigh ( as I stuff a brownie in my mouth )" stupid brownies"
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    Try only eating treats that are specific to the holiday season, since all the other ones aren't really special because you can get them any time.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    You could exercise more to equalize the calories, you could ignore them all together, or you could split them with someone. I rotate which option I use.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Fill in your food diary a day in advance. Pick & choose wisely one or two treats. Eat only half. Add 15 minutes to EVERY workout for the entire month. Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily. Enjoy the holidays with your loved ones.
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Pick your poison! It is dreadful! I try to only pick the ones that I really really enjoy! Not any of the common junk!
    I also have cut my baking goodies down so much -- and I love baking just it's not beneficial for me since I can not resist the temptation to sample!

Good luck with your choices! And enjoy -- life is short!
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!! I work at a large company.. They are always "treating" us to donuts, ice cream, pizza... orgasms for our mouth!!! They say its for appreciation and are rewarding us for our hard work BUT in my opinion they are making my life hell, and slowly killing us! This morning my boss brought me a gift bag and was like this is for you, I looked inside and its a chocolate rain deer cupcake! I thanked her 20 x's and respectfully declined (chocolate is my Kryptonite!!) It hurts my soul every time I have to turn it away.. HAHA seriously.. Yesterday, they had birthday cake on the counter for everyone to have! Everytime I passed to go get my water I could smell it!! its killing me! Then I go to eat lunch today and they have a little bowl of chocolates on each lunch table, so the candy just stared at me while I ate my salad! I know its the holidays but DAMN! Thankfully I only have 3 more holiday dinners to go.. Too much temptation, I will be so happy when it is all behind me! I'm ranting like a mad woman, but I have really good self-control. I always say no thanks and I don't give in even if someone pushes it on me! I'm very good at saying no NOW.. I have learned the temporary pleasure, is not worth it in the long run!!

My advice is if you can have a taste and stop after that then do so and satisfy your craving! Or if your like me, I avoid it like the plague! Once I reach my goal I will treat myself occasionally or eat it then double up at the gym! But for now I say go hard or go home, so I avoid it!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Try only eating treats that are specific to the holiday season, since all the other ones aren't really special because you can get them any time.

That's a great way to do it, Rachelle!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I shall be avoiding mince pies and Christmas pudding right up until Christmas Eve. I shall not be keeping a food diary between 1900 hours Christmas Eve and December 27th. Just the promise of this 2 day + festive food fest is keeping me mainly well behaved up until the last minute, although I have to admit to After Eight Mints and stollen creeping into my food diary. By the way, After Eights crumbled into Fage 0% yogurt is fantastic.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't know what treats you eat but I would be happy with 150 cals per. I run to eat, especially during the holidays. But even if you don't, don't stress. Eat realistically, prevent binging later. Portion control is key.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it!!!

I had to go to a Christmas fundraiser dinner on Tuesday & then at school the treats have been flowing in NON-STOP since Wednesday. Brownies & gingerbread cookies. I give in and have maximum 5 cookies or 2 brownies, but I compensated by eating less the rest of the day & working out on my rest-day (Thursday).

So I worked out M-W-T-F. I feel a bit worn out, but I know I will be ecstatic if I see that I'vw lost weight on Monday weigh-in day. I did this last week too and I still lost 2lbs.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just avoid them..it's called willpower.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Either enjoy, fit them into your calorie goals or acquire some willpower and analyse the necessity of those treats.
  • pbird65
    pbird65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pick your poison! It is dreadful! I try to only pick the ones that I really really enjoy! Not any of the common junk!
    I also have cut my baking goodies down so much -- and I love baking just it's not beneficial for me since I can not resist the temptation to sample!

Good luck with your choices! And enjoy -- life is short!

This. I am really trying to pick only a few of the things that I really LOVE and I plan to enjoy them. Also, when I drink alcohol I switched to plain vodka and club soda.