Water intake

Options
Do you count the coffee and tea as your water intake?

Replies

• TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I don't, but I know some people do. And if I drink tea or coffee, I ALWAYS log the calories, too.

I'm sorta strict with myself.. >.<
  • eboni81
    eboni81 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am unsure on this one but my best guess is no. Both coffee and tea contain caffeine which act as "de-hydrators".
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't but I was wondering the same thing. I will check back and see what other people think
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    caffeine naturally dehydrates so decaf coffee and tea should count but not caffeinated beverages.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    There was another thread like this about a week ago with some really good information in it. I'll see if I can find it for you.
  • Changes4Life
    Options
    I don't think you are suppose to count tea OR coffee as part of your water intake. Just from all the things I have read anyway you aren't. Even diet soda, which has no calories, you aren't suppose to. It was stated somewhere I read actually that if you drink any of the above you actually have to drink 2 - 8oz. glasses of water to replenish the water in your system. Because those drinks actually dehydrate you. However, non-caffeinated unsweet tea...that might be different. :o)
  • kitchuses
    kitchuses Posts: 12
    Options
    when i was in weight watchers they told us to count tea and coffee as your water intake, but you should limit your caffiene intake. not sure on the numbers but i think it was two a day.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    That was insiteful, I'll have a slack back on teatime..lol