Hi! New here and ready to lose those pounds...

Options
Hello,

Well, I am pretty new here and decided to really put some effort in and talk to people on this site. Up until now I have avoided talking to people but decided it might help to have support.

I weigh 190 and would love to get down to 150 and then lower...

And its not so much about the weight but about feeling better and having more energy. In Jan I did a gym class at college that helped me lose 12 pounds. My new gym class starts soon and I hope for the same results and better!

I have also started eating way more fruits and veggies. No more white bread...but whole grains and staying away from processed foods. I have already notices my grocery budget dropping...its less expensive buying good stuff!

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you will consider adding me as a friend since I think I need the support. Thanks!!

Savannah:heart:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track! Welcome to MFP! :happy:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you can do this and you are on the tight track.

It takes time, but you will get to the 150

Good luck
  • lizzyn
    lizzyn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Also new from Birmingham AL..... had a baby 19 months ago and trying to shed those last 20lbs.... it's been a challenge!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in a similar situation as you, but I've just graduated college and started my first job in Feb. Keep eating right and taking gym classes and you'll definitely start to see the results!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi... I started out at 180 (when it finally hit that I needed to do something). I am working towards 135. I am short too so you can see it all. Keep working hard.... It takes practice everyday. Just stick with it. You can get some good support on here too!
  • TammieOwen
    Options
    Hi Savannah, my youngest girls is a Savannah as well. If you would like to add me, you can. I can offer some support, still alittle new to this as well but more people to work with you the better.
    Good start on you journey keep it up.
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi! I am also new here! Welcome & Have fun :)
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I just joined Sunday and love it. I've found that talking with members and reading blogs and their questions and answers really helps to boost the will to lose weight.

Sounds like you're on the right path. Keep going!
  • meganeileen
    meganeileen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]
  • heather_boyd
    Options
    Welcome,

I too am normally very shy and reserved when it comes to chatting on these types of sites, but I find that it gives me extra time each day to at least be thinking about my weight and I hope that the stronger a network I build, the more I won't want to let that network down.