Don't be afraid to lift

Options
*moved*

I am not one to do this, but I came across a few old pictures and realized I've made some progress! I've always enjoyed lifting, but unfortunately I do not have access to a big fancy gym. At home I have 5-30lb dumbbells and a 10lb medicine ball. At the office we have a very tiny gym like area with 5-45lbs, 10 & 15lb kettle bells and a Universal machine. I don't lift at the office as much as I probably should due to my home/kids schedule, but I do what I can when I can. The point is....No excuses!! You can lift even if you don't have a lot of equipment!

The arm comparison is Sept 2012 to Nov 2012 (less than 3 months). The ab comparison are April to November. I have not lost any weight since March 2012 (actually gained 4lbs), but I have lost almost 3% BF (22+% down to 19.6%) - I've lost about 1.5" on my waist and the "V" is starting to make an appearance!!

ArmComp.jpg

AbComp2.jpg

AbComp.jpg

The jeans that I'm wearing in the last picture (left) were an NSV that particular day because they are one of my very fave jeans that had become too tight. But on that day I was able to get them on with out jumping up and down and wiggling. I'm wearing them today and I need a belt! ANother NSV :happy:

Hopefully this is some motivation for others who watch the scale (believe me I'm a scale *kitten*) or who are nervous about picking up the weights. Lifting is good - I think I look and feel better now. Also.... take measurements AND pictures. Like I said, I have actually gained 4lbs since the "before" picture, but I'm smaller! Now get out there and pick something up and put it down....then repeat!! :wink:

Replies

• fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Now get out there and pick something up and put it down....then repeat!! :wink:

You can NOT tell me what to do. I am gonna go run now !!
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ah running, ya she had nothing to do with that either. :wink:
  • steffanyjames
    steffanyjames Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    *moved*

I am not one to do this, but I came across a few old pictures and realized I've made some progress! I've always enjoyed lifting, but unfortunately I do not have access to a big fancy gym. At home I have 5-30lb dumbbells and a 10lb medicine ball. At the office we have a very tiny gym like area with 5-45lbs, 10 & 15lb kettle bells and a Universal machine. I don't lift at the office as much as I probably should due to my home/kids schedule, but I do what I can when I can. The point is....No excuses!! You can lift even if you don't have a lot of equipment!

The arm comparison is Sept 2012 to Nov 2012 (less than 3 months). The ab comparison are April to November. I have not lost any weight since March 2012 (actually gained 4lbs), but I have lost almost 3% BF (22+% down to 19.6%) - I've lost about 1.5" on my waist and the "V" is starting to make an appearance!!

ArmComp.jpg

AbComp2.jpg

AbComp.jpg

The jeans that I'm wearing in the last picture (left) were an NSV that particular day because they are one of my very fave jeans that had become too tight. But on that day I was able to get them on with out jumping up and down and wiggling. I'm wearing them today and I need a belt! ANother NSV :happy:

Hopefully this is some motivation for others who watch the scale (believe me I'm a scale *kitten*) or who are nervous about picking up the weights. Lifting is good - I think I look and feel better now. Also.... take measurements AND pictures. Like I said, I have actually gained 4lbs since the "before" picture, but I'm smaller! Now get out there and pick something up and put it down....then repeat!! :wink:

Amazing, thanks for the post. I have been kicking up my cardio like CRAZY and although I can run now for 30 mins and not die, I feel like I need to kick up my lifting. I would love to hear what your routine is for your arms/back and abs. I have access to a gym at work and I think I have 8lb dumbells at home (somewhere....). I love the look of your arms and would love to have more definition in mine. Please tell me what you're doing!
    Cheers!
    Steph
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm not sure I would have believed that was possible with weights going up to 45 lbs. Nice work.
  • Danardeener
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing Chele! That is awesome progress and your story is very inspirational. :)
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Since you moved your post...I am going to move my comment.

YOU ARE ONE SMOKIN' HOT MAMA! :) A BEAST I TELL YOU, A BEAST! :smile:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i am seriously impressed that you did all that with the equipment you had available.

it really shows your discipline and dedication.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Since you moved your post...I am going to move my comment.

YOU ARE ONE SMOKIN' HOT MAMA! :) A BEAST I TELL YOU, A BEAST! :smile:

:flowerforyou: Thank you again!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    heroes.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Chele ... VERY impressive in such a short amount of time ... you KNOW I not scared and I going to keep pushing you ... we going to have to work off all those drinking calories now my friend ;)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Very impressive and amazing progress my friend. You are looking better everyday and ad u know I'm a firm believer in "picking things up and putting them down" Keep up the good work.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Nice!!

I started lifting about 3 weeks ago, still finding my way and no idea of hiw many calories to eat when trying to build muscle >__>

What kind of exercises did you do?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Lifting is awesome!

Women BELONG in the weight room :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Nice!!

I started lifting about 3 weeks ago, still finding my way and no idea of hiw many calories to eat when trying to build muscle >__>

You need to eat at least at maintenance TDEE
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! :smile:
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    *moved*

\\

ArmComp.jpg

AbComp2.jpg

AbComp.jpg

Now get out there and pick something up and put it down....then repeat!! :wink:

Can't wait to get to this point!! Great progress
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
    All I do is Turbo Fire right now & I love it. But I definately need some toning & muscle.

I'm joining the gym tomorrow, no joke!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Amazing results.. good job!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Nice!!

You need to eat at least at maintenance TDEE

I eat 20% below my TDEE at 40/30/30
    I am still having a hard time reaching my protein, but the others are fine! I usually get between 110-130g of protein!
    I run a lot, so that's what has leaned me- 3 days abs, 2 days arms and 1 day legs (aside from running)! There are a lot if exercises that can be done with your own body weight! I want to start adding another arm and/or leg day!
  • LovelyNFit
    LovelyNFit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Inspirational ....good job!!