Tanned Skin and More Eye bags!

Options
Okay so i've been on a diet where I only eat 1200 calories ( i dont care what I eat, I just eat anything as long as I don't go over my limit). I drink 2 glassses of water everyday. I excercise for an hour per day. I seem to be losing weight slowly, but it's happening.That's all I care :)

My main issue is my skin is getiing darker and I'm getting puffy and ugly eye bags under my eyes. What am I doing wrong? My face looks like I have no blood underneath it or something!!!I don't have that glow anymore. I like the small tan but everyone seems to be looking at me like i'm not healthy and I HATE the eye bags. I look dead or sick!!

What can I eat! What should I eat!

Replies

• beatnik
    beatnik Posts: 8
    Options
    Drink more water and eat some freaking vegetables. Try taking a multi-vitamin too.
  • williams3023
    Options
    Start eating more fruits and veggies if possible and eat less more often. Also, drink more water! They recommend 8 glasses a day, but if you are excercising for an hour drink more! Keep up the good work....
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water. 2 glasses is not even close to the recomended amount. I tan as well, and I notice that when I eat salmon, avocados (yes you can have these in moderation) and cook with a small amount of olive oil, it makes a huge difference on my skin, noticible within a week or so. Im also big on taking a daily vitamin. Just in case, you should always check with your doctor to rule out some underlying condition.

*** Perhaps being selective of what you are eating might be a good idea too.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You need to star by drinking more water! You may be getting dehyrdated which can cause the darker skin and the bags under your eyes. Start by increasing your water intake...I typically drink about 64 fl oz per day (minimum). Not juice, not coffee, not tea, etc. Water. It's a cure-all.

Next, try increasing your fruits/veggies. They're low in calories, but help fill you up and make your skin glow. It's also important to make sure you're eating healthy food. Staying under your limit is great, but it's not going to be healthy if you're eatin 1200 calories of fried fast food during the day.

Good luck!
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    BE CAREFUL what you eat!! Too much sodium / not enough vitamins will give you bags and your skin will look terrible. I had a job for a while where I had NO time to eat right or eat enough. I didn't gain any weight because I was stressed and I was eating about 1200 calories a day, but I could see it in my skin / hair. Ever since I've been on this journey to get healthier I can REALLY see it in my skin!! Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    we all agree you are not drinking enough water!! eating 1200 calories of what ever isn't always the best way to go... yes calories are calories but you might want to make better choices on how you spend that 1200. eating healthy isn't just for weight loss. eating healthy is benefical for skin, organs, bones.... and so on
  • RMariaT
    RMariaT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with StarryEyedGirl! She is totally right..make wise choices when it comes to food