How do you eat Fage fat free?

Options
I know this stuff is like superfood.. I usually use it in place of sourcream for all my scrambles and mashes, and then add some organic salsa, I also throw it in my shakes, I'm not totally crazy about the taste by itself..

What other ways do you guys eat it?

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I actually switched to a whole fat yogurt after eating fat free for months and months.

I decided I wanted more fat in my diet, the good kind of course!

But I never got too creative, some berries, sliced almonds, ground flaxseed.
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    With fruit & nuts mostly, always with 72% chocolate. Daily.

It's a lot better than all that 31 flavors next to linda's donuts I used to get up on Grand in pb years ago.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Mix it with jell-o powder, good few squares of really dark chocolate and maybe some frozen fruit then blend it all up and stick it in the freezer for a few ours for an ice creamy like mix. It's nice, but the consistency is better with cottage cheese.

I use it in place of sour cream most of the time, too. Much better consistency.
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    I mix it with pumpkin, cinnamon and a packet of Truvia--some cereal on top never hurts.

Sometimes I mix it with 1/2 a scoop of my protein powder ( you definitely want to use a yummy protein powder for this) Tastes like cheesecake.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    yes and YUM. 2% is yummy as well (and creamier).
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    With honey or Maple syrup, berries/nuts. Or as a substitute for creme fraiche or sour cream
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Add a scoop or 2 of my favorite protein powder. Mix it up with fresh fruit.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    unless you are worried/concerned abut the extra calories of the regular or 2% fat, you are missing out on the taste bu using the zero fat.

. Fat = taste and there are benefits to fat.

If you feel compelled to use the zero fat kind, mix in some protein powder and stick it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.

grind oatmeal in a coffee grinder and add that with some honey or stevia.

plain, non fat anything is going to be bland.

most yogurts of the non fat kind add some kind of artificial sugar anyway. Fage does not
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have it on my muesli instead of milk. Also use it as a replacement for anything that calls for cream - so swirled on top of pumpkin soup, in curries etc.