Waist line: from ( . ) to ) . (

Options
I'm going to be blunt. I have this flab/roll/bubble that hangs over where my waist should be. Are there any good exercises that I could do to shrink my waist and define it in addition to the cardio i'm doing to loose the weight?

Replies

• rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    To be clear, no exercise in and of itself will cause you to lose weight. Weight loss results from a calorie deficit (consuming fewer calories than you burn from daily life support and activity).

Exercise, of any sort, will raise the calories you burn, but you can always out-eat your exercise program.

That being said, lifting weights while eating at a deficit will ensure most of that weight loss is fat. You will be happier with your overall appearance when you reach your goal weight if you lift.

Cardio has its own benefits (cardiovascular health and increased calorie burn), but overdoing cardio while on a calorie deficit can lead to lean muscle loss.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    To be clear, no exercise in and of itself will cause you to lose weight. Weight loss results from a calorie deficit (consuming fewer calories than you burn from daily life support and activity).

Exercise, of any sort, will raise the calories you burn, but you can always out-eat your exercise program.

That being said, lifting weights while eating at a deficit will ensure most of that weight loss is fat. You will be happier with your overall appearance when you reach your goal weight if you lift.

Cardio has its own benefits (cardiovascular health and increased calorie burn), but overdoing cardio while on a calorie deficit can lead to lean muscle loss.

Love it when I can just quote someone else instead of writing my own explanation or (worse) arguing with someone dumb.

Well said!