Drop 2-3 sizes in 2 months

Options
Anyone want to also drop 2-3 sizes in 2 months and has anyone had luck with this goal in the past? Thoughts and pointers?? I'm not into weighing due to issues in the past with the number on the scale, but I know what my healthy size is. Anyone who wants the same goal please feel free to add me!!! :wink:

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey there! When i was only dieting and lost about 25lbs I went down ONE pant size, I started strength training and now have dropped almost 3 sizes all together! I think it's more about exercise and less about diet when it comes to sizes. Feel free to add me! :)
  • carameldownsized
    carameldownsized Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i told myself that i might get on the scale once a month because i want to see the difference in my clothes and in my body features and when i feel that i like the way i look ill be ok from there i dont want to obsess over number anymore
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Completely doable...I went from a size 10 to a size 4/6...from Aug 21-Dec 12, all eating between 1450-1800 plus some exercise calories per day...weight lifting, circuit training and only 10 min on the treadmill to run a mile as fast as I could as my warm up is what I did...3 times per week...good luck :)
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have done it too in 3 to 4 mths. I was a uk 12 and I am now an 8/9 uk. I was eating 1200 cals per daybp, but eating back all exercise cals including cleaning, ironing and gardening. I am exercising for an hour 3 times ore week, 1 session of body pump and 2 sessions of circuit training. So all in all I was eating about 1400 per day.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I hope you're around 5 feet tall or less because it's going to be nearly impossible. The examples people are providing here are in more time than 2-3 months. It's better to set realistic goals.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 sizes as in from say a 12 to an 8 - 6? In 2 months - unlikely it will be do-able in a healthy way tbh.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Completely doable...I went from a size 10 to a size 4/6...from Aug 21-Dec 12, all eating between 1450-1800 plus some exercise calories per day...weight lifting, circuit training and only 10 min on the treadmill to run a mile as fast as I could as my warm up is what I did...3 times per week...good luck :)

That is 2/3 sizes in 4 months - very different to 2 months.
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks this is completely unrealistic? It's taken me about 4 months doing of weight lifting and cardio 4-6 days a week to drop 2 sizes...
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    definitely unrealistic maybe 4- 6 months time frame may be more manageable for the body.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks this is completely unrealistic? It's taken me about 4 months doing of weight lifting and cardio 4-6 days a week to drop 2 sizes...

Nope - see my posts above
  • thooks0614
    thooks0614 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Sorry, I must have clicked to reply to the post before yours had gone up :) I'm right there with you.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't want to say it's not gunna happen because who knows, maybe you'll pull it off somehow and I don't want to discourage you from trying at all... buuuuuuuuuut it's probably not going to happen. Give yourself and your body more time, putting an unrealistic time limit on yourself will only end up hurting you in the end, whether it hurts you cuz your passing up lettuce for fear of going over in calories or cuz you feel like you failed and end up quitting all together.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    in august and september i was able to work some type of sorcery when the planets were aligned correctly and i lost 1 pant size each month. but for the most part it's about half a size loss each month.

i'm not sure what happened but it's more than likely a function of fat loss not being linear because it was almost like one day i could grab something like a handful of inner thigh fat and then a few weeks later it wasnt there anymore :laugh:

also i was eating like 10-20% below my TDEE, doing a mix of strong lifts and olympic lifts 3 days a week, and maybe some cardio 1-2 days a week.

like thers have noted, manage your expectations because a) you might not lose that much in 2-3 months and b) there's no guarantee that what you lose will correspond to clothing sizes (ie shoe size, ring size, neck, wrists, etc)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i forgot to add, what sizes you are will also make a difference. generally speaking, manufacturers are more generous with sizes over 12. so instead of a 1" difference between hip sizes in a size 4 vs size 6, it's 1.5-2" difference in a 14 vs 16
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Sorry, I must have clicked to reply to the post before yours had gone up :) I'm right there with you.

Lol - no worries. The same thing happens to me a lot. :flowerforyou:
  • kittypudding
    Options
    i told myself that i might get on the scale once a month because i want to see the difference in my clothes and in my body features and when i feel that i like the way i look ill be ok from there i dont want to obsess over number anymore

i love this post. =]
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who posted. I know it may be unrealistic and I'm taking the very, very healthy approach, but just thought I would ask if there was pointers for faster results. I'm good with really as long as it takes to make sure I'm healthy for my family. Thanks for the feedback.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That is too short of a time period. Add heavy lifting and give it more time than 2 months

Good luck