For the Ladies:

Options
124»

Replies

• littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This was an awesome post! Thank you so much for sharing it. :)
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I'm always comparing myself to others and the media really puts pressure on us ladies to look skinny. The fashion industry doesn't help, really, because it seems most of the clothes are not even designed for people who actually eat. I also find it VERY difficult to accept the fact that my body is changing as I get older. Now that I've reached 40, it is so much more difficult to get rid of those extra kilo's and even though every number - BF, BMI, weight, etc - indicate that I am far from overweight, I feel so uncomfortable with myself as I am now 5kg heavier than I have been in my late 30's. And I can't seem to lose those extra 5kg's - VERY ANNOYING!!!
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I wish women would quit obsessing about numbers and sizes and focus on health and wellness.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great Post you are too awesome for words!! :smooched:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Great Post you are too awesome for words!! :smooched:

Thank you. :)
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you don't have the body that will fit into a size 0, don't make that you're goal. You need to be realistic with what you want to achieve, and you need to accept who you are, not mimicking what those around you are.

Here's the thing. A lot of us who are losing weight don't know what our 'ideal weight' is. We don't know if we have the body that will fit into a size 0 because we've never been there. I don't see many women here pushing for a size 0, though? I think most of us would be happy somewhere within the 6-10 range.

Oh but there is totally a trick to this!!! seriously!

Figure out what store of yours is one of your favorites, or one that you hope to shop at as you get smaller!

Then go to their website and pull up their sizing charts.

You can match your measurements against theirs for each size and figure out where you are heading at least as far as tops vs bottoms vs dresses know what I mean?

I used to squeeze myself with the measuring type just a bit to see how much I would need to strip off before reaching the next size down, etc. DONT predict too far into the future though because you have no idea what your butt and your waist are going to look like as you trim down and muscle up though.

have fun!! :drinker:

That's a rather ingenious way of providing yourself motivation!
    eh... they're cute but Im all about dudes.

LOL

LOLOL
    This is an AWESOME post. Love it. Not only are those women super hot and different sizes, they look strong and healthy. Fantastic. The shopping thing is a little tricky for me though i love the idea, because i get most of my stuff from the Op Shop... I wonder if Vinnies has an online sizing chart?
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    I agree with you in many ways. We can only aspire to be a better version of ourself.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This is the sweetest post I've ever read! What a nice guy!