PLEDGE! tracking through the holidays!

Options
I have not been good with tracking in the last couple of months. I haven't gained but I haven't lost either, and I REALLY don't want to put on any holiday pounds. So I'm publicly pledging here that I'm going to log my food EVERY DAY through the holidays, with the exception of Xmas day itself. This will give me some accountability. And possibly some fellow travellers, if anyone else wants to pledge too?

Replies

• lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Happy to join you, but I plan on logging Christmas Day as well. So what if its over? Might as well have it recorded. So - tracking buddy, here i am :)
  • mskatee
    Options
    Excellent! Just so you know--I've actually lost quite a bit of weight over the last couple of years, but I didn't join MFP until after I'd plateau'd. :laugh: So I won't be as lame a buddy as my "3 pounds lost" status might makes it seem... :wink:
  • mskatee
    Options
    Also I think you're right about Xmas day--what the hell, it's good to know what we've done, even if we haven't done good!
  • lyndalpn
    Options
    Awesome *high five* !!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I am so forever logging every day to the best of my ability for the rest of my life! And as far as what I eat on Xmas day, if we log it, we will know how to compensate or set our expectations for our fitness goals, right?

High Five for Logging!
  • Peasley7
    Peasley7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I completely Agree! It's better to know what you've eaten and be accountable, even if you're over... :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I am so forever logging every day to the best of my ability for the rest of my life! And as far as what I eat on Xmas day, if we log it, we will know how to compensate or set our expectations for our fitness goals, right?

High Five for Logging!
    This^
  • lyndalpn
    Options
    What a team!! :)
  • i am not messing up my record.

I have logged in for 330 days no one in hell i will miss a day of logging in
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I pledge to log in everyday for the rest of the year including christmas. I decided to stop associating food with family and love. Food is a basic need not a way to cope with life's ups and downs. Christmas is a holiday about being with family celebrating God's gift to the world. Not about stuffing yourself with cookies and treats that why I'm not even baking this holiday season because its just not needed to eat to have fun.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No matter if it's a holiday or not. I always track.. It helps keep myself accountable for my journey.. I new I was starting boxing day last year and had our yearly get together on Xmas Eve.. I watched what I ate..
  • zickeyous
    Options
    Count me in
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I log daily. If I miss a food, it is because ... well, I forgot about it. Even if I go over (yesterday, I went over by 1300 cals)... I log it. Lying to myself will not help matters at all... I do not regret going over (and incidentally, my morning weight this morning was the same as it was yesterday... ) Sometimes I go over.. Other days, I go under. On the average, I try to approximate my goal calories +/- ... By logging I realize what any change in eating habit may be doing to my effort... This is most helpful in maintaining and continuing my loss. I am glad that you plan to continue logging... and if you miss a day... it is not the end of the world, pick up again tomorrow... and go back and add in what you remember. It will help keep you on track. Best wishes.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    There wasn't ever a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't track. And I'm tracking on Christmas day just like I tracked on Thanksgiving day. I found I didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I was going to.

Happy Holidays!!!!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Putting it out there publicly is the way to do it.With all the Christmas sweets about, I still log EVERYTHING. It has me think about what I consume rather than mindlessly consuming. I don't worry so much about one day or two over budget during the holidays, just so I don't have days and weeks over.

I'm with you on that.
  • mskatee
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Just the support and encouragement I need!! Xmas tracking here I come. :bigsmile:
  • warrinet
    warrinet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in all the way. I started shortly before Thanksgiving and was tracking while enjoying the turkey with the family.
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Tracking through the Holidays and cheat meals are the most fun! It's amazing how with the help of MFP and knowing how "bad" certain foods are I can make better choices even when having cheat meals. I am definitely logging Holiday meals. And I always log bad days and if I binge. Feel free to add.
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    ill log my calories too! im planning on being too busy cooking good food for everyone else...maybe i wont eat it! hahaha
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    I pledge to track...although with my plans New Years Eve will be a cheat day! Gotta work hard beforehand to get in my dress :o)