Breakfast food ideas

Options
Does anybody have some quick nourishing food ideas for breakfast? I'm tired of eating the same thing, scrambled eggs. I need something that will keep me full till about 1:30 in the afternoon. That is the reason I eat eggs. Open to suggestions. Thanks:smile:

Replies

• arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    Oatmeal! RedRiver Cereal - Corn Meal - Any of the hot grain cereals really - Quinoa is another good one that is actually a complete protien to boot! You can add seeds and nuts and fruit to it to bulk it up! Dried fruits are good as they are little balls of energy - only problem with that is the higher sugar content!

I do my oatmeal (1/3c uncooked most days - sometimes more if I am really hungry) every morning with mixed frozen berries and about 1/8c ground flax... YUMMY!!! And the color is fun! Who doesnt love pink foods? This probably keeps me going for about 4 hours...
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat english muffin. I make a little sandwich of it: Deli turkey and a laughing cow cheese wedge, and even a few pieces of spinach if you like. Can add a tangerine on the side - makes a pretty filling breakfast.
  • smtirado
    smtirado Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Here is a recipe I use to change my breakfast: Sunrise Oatmeal

I hope you will enjoy it.

1/3 Cup Orange Juice
    (preferably fresh squeezed)
    1/2 cup water
    pinch of salt
    1/3 cup old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1/2 teaspoon orange extract.

In a small saucepan, combine the juice, watere and salt over high heat
    Bring themixture to a rolling boil. Add the oat and reduce the heat to med. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until
    the liquid is almost gone. Cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Set aside for 5 mintues. stir in the blueberries and orange extract.

Spoon into a serving bow. Serve immediately

Makes l serving

Calories: 243
    Protein: 8g
    carbohydrates: 45g
    fat: 3g
    cholesterol: 0 mg
    fiber: 5
    sodium 147 mg:

heart: :smile:
  • jclemens
    jclemens Posts: 7
    Options
    Every morning I put in a blender, 1/2c n/f milk, 1 serving of tofu, 1/2 plain n/f yogurt, 1/2 banana, 1/2c berries (any kind) and some psyllium seed. The sugar in the fruit helps you get your energy and the protein in the yogurt and tofu keep you going to lunch. Add more tofu if you want, very little calories. Oh, and the psyllium seed keeps you regular!
  • Sunshinechic
    Sunshinechic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Where can I buy the psyllium seeds? Is it ok to leave out the tofu? Otherwise it sounds good!! Thanks!
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a shakeology smoothie everyday. I blend it with different combos of berries, nut butters and liquids. Message me if you're interested :)
  • sparklebritches
    Options
    That's a pretty long stretch!

I'm not sure this will last you, but it's my go-to first thing in the a.m. right now--cottage cheese smoothie. Sounds weird, but it's decent. I blend a serving of cottage cheese with fruit, ice and water. You could do juice, of course, but I'm limiting fruit juice. There's a lot of protein in cottage cheese--similar to greek yogurt but less expensive.

Anyway that you could follow that up with a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit later?
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    For my breakfast I eat what I would not eat during the day. All my sugar intake (not fruit) is for breakfast. For example if I crave cheesecake or chocolate I would eat them for breakfast (portion in mind - to stay within 400 calories for the entire breakfast) So I have entire day ahead of me to burn bad calories ))) After that only halthy food for the rest of the day (no oil, nothing fried, no sugar, nothing full fat...) This approach makes me to look forward to mornings and get up anytime with no problems!:laugh:
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    After that only halthy food for the rest of the day (no oil, nothing fried, no sugar, nothing full fat...) This approach makes me to look forward to mornings and get up anytime with no problems!:laugh:
    I meant HEalthy! )))