Toning thighs and abs??

jessalaura
jessalaura Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have looked ALL over the internet for a good exercise that will tone thighs and abs and nothing seems to be working. I really want those thighs that you can "see through" instead of just a bunch of fat built up in one place. Any suggestions? I also wanna lose my extra few pounds of baby fat I still have from giving birth...anymore suggestions?? =)

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    I would love to know the answer to this...
  • lots of ab work and cardio with help your abs. I'd say do abs for 10 minutes 3 times a week. And you have to run and do other types of cardio to remove the fat on top of you ab muscles. Also work on your obliques (love handles). And as far as your thighs, running, squats, lunges, etc....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Any kind of cardio for your legs will do the trick on your thighs. The elliptical set on the lowest incline and resistance of about 2 or 3 and try to burn 10 calories per minute. Running is great...if you can't run, do intervals - I'm working my way up...trying to see how long I can run. I try to increase it everytime.

Of course, lunges and quats. I find lunges work better on your bum. Squats more for the tops of your thighs... the inside of your thighs will get impacted as you do cardio.

I've lost 1 1/2" inch off one thigh and 2" off the other (in 1 month) by using all the weight machines for legs at the gym as well as using the elliptical & doing intervals on the treadmill.

Go on Self.com and find the 8 Minutes to Slim workout and print it out. That thing works MIRACLES. I love it. :happy: Use that! There are 2 exercises I skip because they hurt my knees (the jumping lunge & the jumping squat) but if you do a minute of each, you burn like 60 calories!!! And, I did it for the first time in a long time the other day and woke up sore everywhere, even my abs!!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Try the Turbo Jam DVD workouts =]
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    It's a combination of two things: Lose weight and build some muscle. Lose weight by maintaining a caloric deficit. Build some muscle on your thighs by doing squats, deadlifts, lunges, step-ups to start. Abs can be targeted with crunches, back extensions, or some full body movements (that gets into a lot of Olympic lifts). Check out http://exrx.net/Lists/WtFemale.html or http://exrx.net/Lists/WtMale.html to pick an area and get a list of exercises to target the area.

Until you get the fat off, no exercise will help. And also, despite our best efforts, we cannot spot reduce one area. Our bodies will remove the fat in the way it wants to, not how we want it, quite often.
  • Thanks...lunges are the best. I think I need to start doing more!
This discussion has been closed.