150 Pounds Lost in 18 Months!

Options
Change really is possible! I have been heavy my entire life, and 18 months ago, at 39 years old, I stared out with MFP on a quest to lose 225 pounds. I am now 18 months in and have so far lost 150 pounds!! In case you're counting, that works out to an average of 2 pounds per week, which is exactly how I have MFP set for my calorie counts. :) I have photos out on my blog if you'd like to see some of my progress.

Feel free to read about my journey on my blog at: http://polyestertospandex.blogspot.com/

Now matter how high the mountain is, you'll never reach the top if you don't start climbing!

Replies

• katattak73
    Options
    Congrats!! thats amazing :)
  • andreajp
    andreajp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic and very inspiring. And I love your statement at the end: Now matter how high the mountain is, you'll never reach the top if you don't start climbing!
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    congrats you are an inspiration
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo proud of you--you're a total shero!!!! I also LOVE your blog name: From Polyester to Spandex!

Thanks so much for posting, you're a total inspiration:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • conleeper
    Options
    I totally enjoy reading your blog, congratulations on having such strength and determination. You are a great inspiration to all of us.
  • KimmySue72
    KimmySue72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has commented! I am so blessed and thankful to have come so far and am excited to see what the future holds as I reach my ultimate goal!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You have done fantastic work!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you my friend are awesome!!! keep going...amazing dedication!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Thats an amazing achievement
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    That's fantastic!

I love coming to MFP to read the sucess stories forum because there are always amazing people like you who keep me motivated to reach my goals. Also, good job on loosing at a steady pace and sticking with it for the long haul. After 18 months it should be easy to make this a permanent life change for you; a better healthier life. Best of luck to you on reaching your GW!
  • terrymbradley
    Options
    That is amazing congratulations thanks for sharing.
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is some amazing dedication.
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Hats off to you.
  • iyoseph
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!! What a tremendous example you are for the rest of us
  • KimmySue72
    Options
    That's fantastic!

I love coming to MFP to read the sucess stories forum because there are always amazing people like you who keep me motivated to reach my goals. Also, good job on loosing at a steady pace and sticking with it for the long haul. After 18 months it should be easy to make this a permanent life change for you; a better healthier life. Best of luck to you on reaching your GW!

Thanks so much! Ever since I joined MFP, I've come back to the Success Stories forum many times over for motivation and inspiration myself! It helps so much to know that we're not alone on our quest for healthy living and weight loss. My hope is to give some of that back since so many have done that for me!

Blessings to you!
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you make that mountain climb seem not so impossible! Thanks for sharing!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic very inspiring
  • KimmySue72
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome... Your doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!