Is P90x worth it if you have no way to do pullups?

Options
2»

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    They have bands that go through the door crack, and you just close the door. Do the bands. P90X is worth it.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Inverted rowing - place a bar across two sturdy boxes, workbenches, armchair arms etc and pull-up on the bar. All solutions - no excuses!

Make it harder by placing your feet on a chair or box and keeping your legs straight throughout the exercise.
  • pjberube75
    pjberube75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED to do the pull up parts. You will still get a serious workout if you skip over the pull up parts. Especially if you do the cardo workouts and the ab ripper.
  • pjberube75
    pjberube75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your house doesn't have doors and your walls don't have studs? Do you live in a teepee? I bet your neighbors won't have a single negative thing to say if they saw you actively trying to improve yourself. And maybe 10% of P90x is pull ups. I bet doing 90% of that program would make significant changes in your physique.

Spend less time manufacturing excuses and more time manufacturing change.

haha - teepee

Exactly, 90% is a lot better than nuthin'!! :)
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    They have bands that go through the door crack, and you just close the door. Do the bands. P90X is worth it.

Agreed. The door kit comes with a standard band set from Beachbody... which I know everyone hates on but while I was doing P90X those bands really helped since I wasn't at the point that I could do pull ups and also was on an internship 2300 mi away from home with no dumbbells.

I think I paid $45 for 3 different bands and a door kit. Put it through the top hinge and then do all the pull up exercises with the bands from a seated position.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Agreed. The door kit comes with a standard band set from Beachbody... which I know everyone hates on but while I was doing P90X those bands really helped since I wasn't at the point that I could do pull ups and also was on an internship 2300 mi away from home with no dumbbells.

I think I paid $45 for 3 different bands and a door kit. Put it through the top hinge and then do all the pull up exercises with the bands from a seated position.

We found ours at wal-mart for about 25 bucks.
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I saw on another post someone suggested using a dining room table. Sit underneath and use the edge as a pullup bar.