Need a little help

Options
So I don't know if its because I don't eat enough or if I'm not drinking enough water...or even just my blood pressure, but every time I bend down to do something and get back up, I get light headed and out of breath. sometimes I feel my heart absolutely POUNDING and it gives me a headache.
I can't exactly go to a doctor because I don't have insurance. But if anyone knows what could cause this, PLEASE help me.

Replies

• gem6885
    Options
    So I don't know if its because I don't eat enough or if I'm not drinking enough water...or even just my blood pressure, but every time I bend down to do something and get back up, I get light headed and out of breath. sometimes I feel my heart absolutely POUNDING and it gives me a headache.
    I can't exactly go to a doctor because I don't have insurance. But if anyone knows what could cause this, PLEASE help me.
    It's a head rush. It used to happen to me a lot and made me pass out a couple times when I was younger. It's common though and could be caused by a few things - low blood, heart condition, dehydration, etc. I'd talk to your doctor.

ETA I see you don't have insurance...I'd save up some $$ and go to a low cost clinic in your area?
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i have that too, got it checked out and advised to increase my sodium intake. Move with caution.
  • I used to have a heart condition but it was only caused my medicine and every time they check my blood pressure its just fine. I've heard of the sodium thing though. I'm gonna have to try it out..

I never feel this way after exercising though.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I drink powerade zero for this. It's an electrolyte imbalance. Any sort of sports drink will fix it.
  • sterober
    Options
    I had the same problem and also felt best when I was exercising. Taking about 400mg of magnesium every night literally made my symptoms go away. You can play around with the amount you take but be mindful, taking in too much magnesium can cause diarrhea. GOOD LUCK!!
  • Thank-you everyone.
  • wsbrown176
    wsbrown176 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow.. As many people that are telling you try supplements, drinks or other treatments, I would be careful. I am in the health care field and yes without insurance it can be expensive. But I suggest you find a way to see a Dr. or have labs drawn before you just blindly start adding supplement into your body that can affect you heart. Sodium and potassium are main factor in your heart as well as Magnesium can control your rhythm.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I began running - I would feel light headed and get head rushes all day after a run. I don;t know if you smoke, but that was my problem. No more smoking...no more head rushes.

I would suggest seeking professional help if you can - it seems like it could be aused by many different issues.