Zumba???

Options
I was invited to Zumba with a friend, but I don't know much about it. Anybody a fan? Any input would be awesome.

Replies

• aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i hear its great although i can't get out of the house to do it but it hear it works
  • milenniumgirl
    Options
    it's a combiation of different dancinc styles, it can be pretty intense depending o the teacher! I love it, too bad I can't do it anymore because of my knee. If you like dancing, give it a chance
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    I have been doing the dvd's at home. It's fun. It kicks your buttocks. Be prepared to sweat......A LOT!!!!!!!
  • Donecruising
    Options
    A friend invited me and I really enjoyed it. Be ready to dance and move like never before.
  • trudyu
    trudyu Posts: 7
    Options
    I love Zumba....if you like to dance then you will love it. It is fun and like having a dance party - Give it at least 3 tries before you decide to quit or not. The first time I went to Zumba - I was embarrassed, didn't know the steps and definitely could not move as fast or like the other ladies at all. It just takes time and you will figure out how to get your body to move like the instructors.

You will sweat like you never have before - so take water and a hand towel. You will see your body transform - your hips and waistline will become more defined. It is great for burning fat.

Only bad side - my brain was trained to hear latin music and look for the margaritas/ chips and salsa - so I was hungry at my first couple of Zumba classes.

Have fun with it and enjoy!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba three times a week--and I absolutely love it, even look forward to it (and I used to resent exercise time).

It does take a little time (took me around 2-3 weeks of classes) to get to know the moves, but once you don't have to concentrate on your feet and coordination, it feels like an hour of partying, especially if you've got an enthusiastic class.

Have fun!
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    I was going to ask the same question! I've only heard good things about it, thinking about giving Zumba a try soon!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    You must GO GO GO!!!! It is the kind of workout you are looking forward to! :noway: You will love it! Just hope you will get a good instructor. There are some not good ones out there...:ohwell:
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I just saw a Zumba studio a couple blocks from home. I'm unco-ordinated but might give it a try!!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just went for the first time on Monday night. It was a fantastic workout...and a lot of fun too. I was sweating as much as after an intense kickboxing class. For me, exercise needs to be fun...and it rarely is. That is what is so great about Zumba. It is definitely something I'm going to keep going to.
  • sharb28
    sharb28 Posts: 1
    Options
    I go to Zumba every wed and sat at my gym and I love it. If you like to dance I think you will enjoy yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Zumba Class. My instructor is AMAZING. I hurt my foot today and I was more upset about missing Zumba tomorrow then anything else. If I wasn't tired and sweeting in the end I wouldn't have known I was working out since I was having so much fun.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just took my new favorite toy (Polar FT7 heart rate monitor) to Zumba class tonight. I burned 641 calories!!!!!!!! Yep, Zumba rocks!!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    YOU MUST TRY IT!!! It is AMAZING!!! I started about a month ago, I go 2x a week and L-O-V-E it!!!!! LOVE ..LOVE... LOVE! If you love/enjoy dancing you will have a ball!!

Enjoy! Let us know how it went!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i just bought zumba how much weight have you guys lost??