About 90 days in... pics

Options
13»

Replies

• KristiChilds
    KristiChilds Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! How tall are you?

Thank you everyone, kind words are always nice to hear and they keep me going.

I am 6'0" without shoes.
    I was going to ask how tall you are! in your before pic you did NOT look 200 lbs, unless you were pretty tall!

you are doing great and it must be so wonderful to SEE the results of your hard work!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Nice!!!

Way to really earn the carne asada :)
  • diana4kids
    Options
    you look great. Can I ask what you do for exercise? How many times a week? what do you eat? Thanks
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow girl! I think you were just as beautiful in your first pic, but you have done GREAT! Wish i had your will power! And that dress is too freaking cute!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Nice!!!

Way to really earn the carne asada :)

Hahahaha you know it!!! I think I'm going to wait a little longer before I get back into the burritos, but you know it's coming!
  • UnmerrilyMe
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, method! :) You look TINY in your profile picture. I can't wait to be tiny again!

Thanks! Part of looking tiny is knowing how to pose and at what angle to hold the camera and to aim your body... the other part is using self-tanner. :laugh:

Yes, I cheat in pictures. Hi, my name is Brady and I'm a picture cheater.

At least I don't photoshop them! I figure it this way, if I take my "progress" pictures and I don't look as good as I know I can, then what's the point? It's just showing me that my work hasn't paid off as well as I hoped it had and I get discouraged. But if I take my pics and I mimic the way I eventually want my body to look, I can see where I'm going and I try harder to get to that shape.

And hey, if supermodels and celebreties can have ever square millimeter of their photos retouched, I think I can angle my chin to make my neck look thinner. It's my right! LOL

So my tips for flattering pictures to motivate in an instant: use self-tanner if you are pale or a bit of a glossy lotion if you are darker skinned, stand with more weight on your back foot, and keep your elbows away from your body as this thins out your arm. Also, a picture shot from a slightly higher angle is more flattering than one shot from a low angle, and do like Tyra says, "find the light!" Someone called me fierce over the weekend - it pushed me extra hard on the treadmill last night! (I'm America's Next Top Model obsessed.)

This is what works for me, I know some people like to take the most unflattering pictures as possible so that they can use that as motivation. That doesn't work for me. If I see a picture of myself with all the bumpiness exposed and the tummy puffed out, and a grumpy look on my face, I'll become disheartened. Everyone needs to find what motivates them, and you can do it, arielle... you will get there!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

lol I do it too!! My family & friends make fun of me 'cause I always have to pose so I don't look as fat in pictures...always turn my head right 'cause my left side is less chubby than the right.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING, I'm thinking model:)
    Congratulations!!!!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I think before and during or after pics are great, and I would love to see other peoples' shots!

The next pictures to look for from me will be from the birthday "photoshoot" I want to do in August when I will have reached my goal. I can't wait!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!