new here

Options
Hello my name is keys, I was 247 in January to close to 300 I got pregnant in February miscarried June 12 worked out in July got down to 232 joined weight watchers, got down to 226, I saw a nutritionist who put me on a 1700-1800 calories diet,weight watchers I didn't really follow. Hardest thing is finding time to work out. I really like this tracker but only used it twice, how do I start over so I can do this the right way, I really want to use it

Replies

• Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage & hope that you've been able to slowly heal from such a difficult life event...

I also did WW & have just switched over to MFP... I really liked WW, but the expense over the course of a year is more than I want to continue spending. So far I really like this website ~ it's pretty consistent with WW. I purchased a FitBit to link to MFP and that's really helped me to see an overall clearer picture of my health/wellness (plus I can eat more based on my calories burned throughout the day!) :smile:

You can do this ~ you don't have to be perfect... just start small. Take things a day at a time & don't get discouraged. Changing your lifestyle is a slow process, but you will see results. Nice to meet you & I look forward to getting to know you!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi Keys,

I have been with MFP for 2 months now. This is a method that is working for me. I have round the clock support and motivation from the friends I have managed to make, unlike the once a week type WW method used in the past.

There is a useful link on the website to a page that gives details of how to calculate your BMR and TDEE which are the most important numbers you need to work with. The calculators on the link will let you know how many calories you should be eating. The link is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

My advice, for what its worth is:

1. Log everything that passes your lips and measure it.
    2. Drink plenty of water
    3. Get moving - do whatever exercise you can and gradually build on it.

Less calories = weight loss
    Exercise = fitter body
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So good to meet you, Keys.

I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I've suffered the same loss, and it's devastating.

What we can do is start every day fresh, and make the most of it. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to cheer you on.
  • QueenDriventosuccess
    QueenDriventosuccess Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good evening I know Im late , Thank You for your sincere sorries regarding My Miscarriage its Been a year almost, Still hurts But Im past it for the most part, I did go full time on WW since I get it through My job I loss 22 Pounds on it since being On It, My session ended so Im Back On Here, If you are still on sure we can be Friends
  • QueenDriventosuccess
    QueenDriventosuccess Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I Know its has been almost a year, Thank you for your tips and I definitely am doing your advice, I also do Zumba