So... I work at a bakery

Options
I have worked at a bakery for 5 years i'm not overweight I just way a bit more than I would like and its so hard to NOT eat anything in there, especially when its all free! I also feel like I have to have sugar every day, something, ice cream, chocolate, anything, its like a sugar addiction or something. Anyone else with jobs that get in the way?

Replies

• porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have an office job, and there have been several instances lately where I've sabotaged my diet with extra treats that I otherwise wouldn't have been craving. It's hard because if I want to have dessert later that night, I had better make sure to exercise or I'll be way over my cals for the day. Some recent examples:

-bourbon vanilla gourmet cupcakes! (employee's 10th anniversary)
    -gooey fresh-baked choc chip cookies! (intern's last day)
    -chocolate toffee matzoh brittle! (I work with jewish foodies)
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OMG I feel your pain, I worked at an ice cream shop for four summers, and we got free ice cream, AS MUCH AS WE WANTED, during every shift! I definitely gained weight every summer. Last year however, I started packing my own snacks to munch on during the shift, which usually helped. I also decided that once a week I would reward myself with a single serving of whatever flavor I was craving the most that week. I admit that I slipped up quite a few times, but doing those things definitely helped me! Good luck!! It's so hard when you have all that free delicious food staring you in the face all day! :flowerforyou:
  • fauxdetresse
    Options
    yea i worked at dunkin' donuts for two years while i was in high school/my first year of college, and that was ROUGH! i put on 15lbs the first two months working there, then quit doughnuts. but i get ridiculous sugar cravings now. it sucks.
  • shhhhpassiton
    Options
    packing snacks is a good idea I tried it in the past but just with fruit but I would end up eating the fruit plus some sugary treats, maybe something more substantial, thanks! Also the office must be tough! especially when its for a celebration or something, I would feel like "oh just a special day so i guess i can have something" and then it will happen over and over.