New!

Options
Hey all. This is my first post and I'm just looking for some moral support. I am 24 years old (will be 25 in April) and I am and have been overweight all my life. I have been trying to lose weight since I was in middle school. I have tried every diet you could ever think of and own every piece of work out equipment you could ever think of. I just can't find that motivation to lose the weight.

The closest I've came to my goal weight was on a meal replacement diet. It was one of the worst diets I've ever been on, but it worked and the weight came off fast. The only thing is I felt so deprived of food that once it was finally over, I ate everything I had been missing out on through out the 3 months I was on the diet and sadly, it all came back (plus 30 lbs) I seem to be infamous for this. I will go on a diet and put my whole heart and soul into it, but as soon as the diet is over, I am right back to the same habits and the weight just comes right back. This is so discouraging.

This time I am looking for a lifestyle change. No magical diet, no magical pill, no magical work out machine.. just the old fasioned way through eating HEALTHY and EXCERCISING. I will NOT use the word "diet" anymore. I am looking for friends to go along on this journey with.

My motivation is fitting into the wedding dress of my dreams, having a happy and healthy pregnancy and being healthy for my future children, looking and feeling great about myself and for my spouse. I feel like this time will be different because I know that I marriage and babies is in my near future and I want to be the healthiest I can be for the people I love more than anything in this world.

I CAN do this.

Replies

• boston89
    Options
    hey! your story sounds like mine, except for the pregnancy parts lol. Everyone here is very supportive and it has made making lifestyle changes so much easier. So far im down 15 pounds so this site definitely helps and works.

If you ever want to chat or whatnot feel free to message me.

Good Luck!!
  • kfarme02
    Options
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to having friends to share this journey with! Good luck to you also, and great job on the 15 lbs. :)
  • Aleph13
    Aleph13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, you sound really positive which is half the battle and I'm glad you've realised fad diets don't work! The best thing you can do is eat sensibly and work out regularly and this site really helps you keep track of what you're doing and eating. You will have the odd bad day but everyone does, it's just making sure the good ones outweigh the bad ones and sticking at it over time. Good luck and feel free to message me any time :-)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have been lifting since I was 17, I've had 3 babies and know how to bounce back from that and get back into shape, goodluck :flowerforyou: