NO FAST FOOD APRIL CHALLENGE!

Options
Ok folks... this is gonna be a tuff-ie! however, I just challenged myself not to eat ANY fast food for a month... YIKES! I know I can do it... so here are my rules and feel free to join in on the challenge:

No
Wendy's
Chick-fila
McDonalds

if it takes longer than 10-15 minutes at the restaurant to prepare the food that doesn't count...

That's it.. not even salads from the fast food joints!!

GOOD LUCK and lets check in as needed :) Let me know what your goal is...

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I'll help you with your challenge and I so totally need to join.

I need to stop eating junk.. is eating out at a restaurent counted?
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    Glad your in LostTeen! Nah I don't think I can cut out restaurants out too... maybe next month ;)
  • nehadi23
    nehadi23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I really need to cut out fast food. I keep telling myself that subway is not fast food but once you add everything up the calories and sodium in some of the sandwichs are not worth it.
  • MFT2010
    Options
    no too late at all Nehadi23... I do the same thing! or I get a salad but it's still not good.. I can do better :)
  • MFT2010
    Options
    no too late at all Nehadi23... I do the same thing! or I get a salad but it's still not good.. I can do better :)
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day...I'm so in! However, I'm going to make an exception for my healthy subway choice if it is REALLY REALLY necessary (IE no other current source for food haha). I'm excited about this!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've never gone longer than a week without fast food, so this should be interesting!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    me neither!
  • MFT2010
    Options
    fact of the day:

You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Super Sized Coke, fry and Big Mac

YIKES!
  • lisameehan
    Options
    I hope its not too late to join. I am new to this and I need to challenge myself to do this for not only my waistline but by wallet :wink: Good luck to everyone

Lisa
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    7 hours--OUCH!!
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    Can I join too? I need to not eat fast food, I tend to eat it like 4-5 times a week. Ewwww.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Perhaps this will help. I wont go near fast food after seeing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI

It wont grow mold. No roting. No break down. And we put this poison in our bodies...
    Imagine what is really in this junk tp preserve it. Yep & now those "preservatives" (aka chemicals) are in our bodies, not going anywhere b/c it doesnt breakdown & flush out.

SOmething we should all watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am totally in!! I was just looking at my online banking and realized how much money the fast food I eat adds up to!!
  • NATALIE13
    Options
    Hi,

First i was like No, forget it, i cant do it for i whole month, even though i dont eat that much, but even 3 or 4 times a month is money and alot of fat wasted so yes can i join.
  • gennyvieve
    Options
    i used to eat chik fil a 2-3 times a week for lunch, it was an easy 400cal meal that i didn't have to think about....but then i started this competition at the gym in february and have been on an anti-eating out kick since then and i really think it makes a HUGE difference---i lost 5lbs the first week! we still go out to nicer restaurants occasionally, but for the most part i am only eating stuff i make.....
    good luck! you'll do awesome---and you'll be amazed how less "puffy" you'll be after the first week....all that fast food sodium=a whole lotta water retention!
    can't wait to hear all about it!

:)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    What a great goal! I want to be in too! I'm going to start right after this weekend (I'm going to a restaurant with family for Easter dinner). Then it is my goal to avoid all restaurants during April. I live near a Burger King, and every time I pass it, I'm really tempted to go in. I'm going to add to this goal, "no french fries". I can't eat wheat, so burgers aren't the issue, it's FRIES! :mad: :laugh:
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    Allllllright I'm in! Not gonna lie it's gonna be a tough challenge because fast food is SO convenient. Plus my boyfriend manages a Burger King 2 nights a week on top of his day job which means i can get free food...... But i'm willing to try it!....The B.K. doesn't fit into my new healthy way of eating anyway :wink: Good Luck to all! I'll need the support!!!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I tend to go out on weekends but I guess if I watch what I eat then there is no harm

The first day of the challenge and its April fools day =D
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Can I join too? Ive always told myself that I hate fast food and that im not the type to eat that garbage all of the time.....then I see all the fast food reciepts in my wallet. hah...I think I lie to myself...:ohwell: