please help! medieval times dinner?!

Options
i'm going to medieval times tonight with my small cousins- i'm bringing them. i know this is such a long shot but:

does anyone know the calorie information for their entire dinner? or any nutrition information?

i went on the website and it reads: "Medieval Times' noble guests feast on garlic bread, tomato bisque soup, roasted chicken, spare rib, herb-basted potatoes, pastry of the Castle, coffee and two rounds of select beverages."

i've been searching around for the calorie information and i just can not find it. as a last resort i'm going to call the number they have listed, but i'm hesitant to do so because like...what a weird question! i feel like this isn't asked often and they won't know for sure the correct number.

i know that tonight is all about having fun and being with my small cousins, and of course i'm going to eat some food! lol, but i would feel so much more comfortable knowing what i'm putting into my body and knowing how many extra calories i'm going to have to try and burn off tomorrow during my work out

thanks to everyone who read this! here's to tonight!! :drinker:

Replies

• bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can find at least most of the components in the database. ... Like roasted chicken, potatoe's, etc

Just get close to get a general idea, and go enjoy yourself. Just don't gorge yourself
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If you're really worried about that much, don't eat it. Eat before or after.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I will tell you that spare ribs are high in calories. I love them so much and I've given up eating them. But I agree with trying to find comparable items in the data base. Sometimes I have to do that if I go to a restaurant that doesnt post their nutritional info.

I dont know which one you are going to, but we went to one in Myrtle Beach and is was so much fun! Have a great night!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think you should just log a generic of those items (like roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, ect.) and familiarize yourself with a sensible portion size before you go and just realize that those numbers won't be exact but that you're there to have fun and enjoy your family. Don't go crazy, but don't stress over every little bite either.

I went to Medieval Times in LA once about 6 years ago, it was fun, enjoy yourself!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Just do a search in the food database for "medieval times" and it'll come up. Pick the items you ate and approximately how much of each.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I've been to one of these dinners at Bunratty Castle, the food was cooked fairly simply, just find the main components of the dishes in the database and maybe add a few quick calories to compensate for any oils/butter used when cooking. The most important part of the evening is enjoying yourself and making sure your young cousins have a fabulous time!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'd skip the bread, soup and pastry, enjoy the chciken & potatoes and have diet soda or water.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    http://www.medievaltimes.com/ 4 course menu: Oven-roasted chicken + Garlic bread + Tomato bisque soup + Herb-roasted potato + Spare rib + Pastry of the Castle + Non-alcoholic beverage.

Since you're taking your little cousins - I can see why it is you're concerned over your personal consumption, without being the party pooper.

I would just average it out - from the highest to the medium calories per dish. Have you been there before? Could you guess the ingredients?

It should be within the range of a Thanksgiving spread only more casual and not as rich as the genuine Medieval King's Table. So you have no need to overthink your calories.

Just eat ... And mind your portions - for the experience!

Edit: To remove repeated line.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I don't know how accurate it is, but I found this...

http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=3113078
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I heard that the dinner is pretty disgusting, so you might not have to worry about it :wink:
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I love Medieval Times! Have fun and just track as closely as you can.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I heard that the dinner is pretty disgusting, so you might not have to worry about it :wink:

The dinner really isn't that bad. I don't mind the chicken. I always give the rib to my oldest kid, so I've never actually eaten it.

Enjoy and hope you get picked as Princess. :smile:
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    their soup is so yummy. just don't finish everything.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    their soup is so yummy. just don't finish everything.

I think the soup is really yummy too!
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    or consider this: no one gets fat in a day, no matter how much they eat. if you are sticking to your plan, and being disciplined the rest of the week, one day at medieval times isn't gonna do you in. enjoy it!

this! Enjoy
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yeah just do generic when you enter the items seperately, it will be close enough for you to have an idea of what your cals will look like..
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Food > database
    search "medieval times"

gives the first result of "medieval times feast"
    Medieval Times - Feast -Soup, Garlic Bread, Chicken, Spare Rib, Potato, Pastry

Servings:

Calories 1318 Sodium 2559 mg
    Total Fat 67 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 78 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 94 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have never been to one of these but I do eat out alot...I find when I'm checking the diary, that different restaurants, for similar items, have very different calories and such listed for the item...I choose the generic entry most of the time for this reason...I seem to be doing OK by doing that...have fun!!!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    or consider this: no one gets fat in a day, no matter how much they eat. if you are sticking to your plan, and being disciplined the rest of the week, one day at medieval times isn't gonna do you in. enjoy it!
    This. It's not one meal that decides your weight, it's what you do on a daily basis.

I remember last time i went, their food was pretty simple things, like potatoes, rice, chicken, etc, so you could log each food if you are too concerned. Or just estimate.