Not-too-sweet alc. drinks

SnazzyTraveller
SnazzyTraveller Posts: 457 Member
Looking for not very sweet alcoholic drinks. I'm more of a beer and cider person, but my friends are getting together this week to celebrate exams being over. They're really into fancy pants shots and really sweet pop mix drinks and beer really won't do for the event.....

I need ideas of (mixed?) drinks that are good but not sweet. Any suggestions?

Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Check my diary! Today is my cheat day &im having Ruby Relaxers... mmmmm!
    The cranberry & pineapple juice keep it from being too sweet!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Honey Jack Daniels with Ginger Ale. Not too sweet and good blend.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    a friend of mine got vodka and water, then added in some crystal light!!! it was only like maybe 100 cals per glass, which isnt bad compared to a lot of other drinks thats are crazy high in calories
  • SnazzyTraveller
    Honey Jack Daniels with Ginger Ale. Not too sweet and good blend.

now this sounds good......

And about the crystal light combo~ how was in in terms of tastiness?
  • jack n coke
  • Try flavoured vodka and water, I really enjoy absolut raspberry and water, with a splash of cranberry juice. It's sweet, but the tartness of the cranberry juice balances it out, and both the flavoured vodka and cranberry juice keep the water from making it a bland drink. The water will really keep you hydrated if you're planning a night of hard drinking.

Another good option is a martini, if you enjoy gin or vodka, they are both classy looking drinks without any added sugary stuff. A traditional crantini contains triple sec, vodka, and cranberry juice, I highly recommend it. It's the perfect girly drink for the girl that wants tart instead of sweet.

A sidecar is also an amazing drink. It's a combination of cointreau, cognac, and lemon juice, usually garnished with an orange. It's also got the tart flavour going for it rather than the sweet.

Shots wise, try a burt reynolds, it's half spiced rum half butter ripple, delicious!

If you really want pop, you can't go wrong with rye and ginger.
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Jameson sour.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    Suggestions much appreciated!

I would like to avoid pop, yeah. And something not tart nor sweet would be the optimal option =D
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    My favorite is Diet Pepsi and Captain Morgan. YUM!