Do your kids still believe in Santa ?

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
Or have you given them the "Santa is in your heart" talk ?

Replies

• lovelight30
    Options
    SANTA ISN'T REAL!??!?!?!??!

..... just kidding
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

He isnt real???
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My niece and nephew do, but they're 4 and 6. They refuse to believe it's possible that a man enters the house and leaves presents, so they've come up with their own version of Santa.

Apparently the gifts are already purchased beforehand, and Santa comes by Christmas eve to check and make sure you got all the stuff on your list that you deserve. If you've been bad, he takes it all back and you get nothing.

It's pretty cute but we have no idea where they conjured all of those ideas from lol
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    my 3 and 8 yr old does but my 13 yr old dont!
  • _abbie
    _abbie Posts: 24
    Options
    what???????????????????????????
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I say...if you believe in Santa he will come....and he does every year. Its not whether hes real or not, its teaching kids to beleive in hope and love and all santa stands for...besides presents

If you believe, themagic of christmas will be yours!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My son stopped when he was 10.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

He isnt real???

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My son who is 10 still does, I think.. or he may be doing it for me LOL. My 14 year old doesnt. But they have both been warned that when you stop believeing santa stops coming. :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    me and my sister have both always ALWAYS answered my mums
    "you do still believe in Santa dont you?"
    with "yes mum..."
    were now 23 and 16 and still do :P x
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what you're talking about, i still get presents from santa and i'm 36.
  • AmyAJay
    AmyAJay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whenever my girls asked, "Is Santa real?" I would always ask them, "what do you think?". They always said yes up until they were getting close to age 8. At that point when they asked (and I again gave my above reply) they said, "No, I think you & dad are Santa", then I replied that they were right. We then talked about how much fun the tradition of Santa is and how he embodies the spirit of giving (and other historic Santa stuff when they got interested in that). Our youngest is going to turn 8 this coming year so it will be kinda sad for us when she figures it out. We can still play Santa for our younger nephews though! :-D
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My kids never believed in Santa. I was a single mom while they were growing up and I didn't give them any false hope about getting presents when there was a chance they wouldn't. They always got presents, maybe from Dollar Tree, Deals or a thrift store. They also never ruined it for their friends who believed! I had good kids and still do.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My 3 and 4 year old have never believed in Santa. They just think he's a fun part of Christmas-time pretending. The only downside I see is them announcing it (unintentionally) to other kids just by talking too loud. We were at the mall the other day and walked by the Santa area and my four year old goes "Oh cool, Santa" My three year old chimed in "Yeah, but he's just puh-tend" very loudly.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    They do, but they're only 6 and 2.

My son asked me today if Santa visits Jewish people during Hanukkah. I was only half listening and told him that no, he does not. Then he was like "Why not?"... and uh... good question. We talked about how Santa is for Christmas and Hanukkah isn't the same thing. I'm honestly surprised that he's made it until 6 still believing because he's rather skeptical by nature and is a fact nerd like his parents.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    my son does and celebrates Christmas there (he lives with his dad and hes in public school)
    My daughters do not and have not. We celebrate Hanukkah. (they are homeschooled and live with my hubby and I)

no i dont feel like im depriving my girls and no they dont know any different and are not scarred for life. (sorry ive heard these "reasons" to many times to count every.single.year)
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old daughter believes in Santa. But this year she found some of the presents! So... we'll see how long before she puts it together. =)
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    I have 3 boys 1 and 6 and 8 and they never bought the whole Santa thing. We pretty much wanted to make sure It was kept a religious holiday in our house. They know where the gifts come from and appreciate them. Tooth fairy well she is another story :)
  • SkinnyMusic
    Options
    So....is this why my mom's wrapping paper is the same as Santa's? O_O