Supreme 90 Day System Equipment?

Options
My husband and I are looking into starting this program and I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of equipment needed? I'm sure we'll need weights but I'm wondering if things like pull-up bars, resistance bands, etc. are needed. Also, if anyone has any reviews for the program good or bad.

Replies

• johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    No pull up bar is needed, Supreme 90 Day uses dumbbells and body weight exercises only. I suppose resistance bands could be subbed in for some dumbbell exercises, but I don't recall the program demoing them as an alternative.

I'm mostly a cardio guy (cycling and running), but I try to strength train at least twice a week. I currently use the strength training portions mostly and do the cardio stuff only rarely as I prefer to be outdoors. But the Tabata workout in Supreme 90 Day is a blast and will leave you in a pool of sweat! I have been through the full Supreme 90 Day program as well as P90X, excluding the diet, and I think both of them are great programs. Supreme 90 Day workouts tend to be shorter, so I use it on days when I have less time. It is done at a cardio pace that leaves very little time between sets. No gabbing like Tony in P90X! It is also much cheaper, which helps a lot of people with the cost of entry. I like it a lot and heartily recommend it. I have a triathlon training book by the trainer in the videos and think highly of him. The program not as polished as P90X, but personally I don't care about that. It offers great workouts and will get the job done.
  • Kelogik
    Options
    No pull up bar is needed, Supreme 90 Day uses dumbbells and body weight exercises only. I suppose resistance bands could be subbed in for some dumbbell exercises, but I don't recall the program demoing them as an alternative.

I'm mostly a cardio guy (cycling and running), but I try to strength train at least twice a week. I currently use the strength training portions mostly and do the cardio stuff only rarely as I prefer to be outdoors. But the Tabata workout in Supreme 90 Day is a blast and will leave you in a pool of sweat! I have been through the full Supreme 90 Day program as well as P90X, excluding the diet, and I think both of them are great programs. Supreme 90 Day workouts tend to be shorter, so I use it on days when I have less time. It is done at a cardio pace that leaves very little time between sets. No gabbing like Tony in P90X! It is also much cheaper, which helps a lot of people with the cost of entry. I like it a lot and heartily recommend it. I have a triathlon training book by the trainer in the videos and think highly of him. The program not as polished as P90X, but personally I don't care about that. It offers great workouts and will get the job done.

Thanks so much! As cheap as it makes me sound, I really am leaning towards this program instead of p90x because of the price. I like cardio as well but this program seems to switch it up a lot which is important to me as well.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you will need dumbbells of different weights and a stability ball.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    you will need dumbbells of different weights and a stability ball.

Yep, I forgot about the stability ball. I don't use one, but the program calls for it and no doubt it would be better if you had one.
  • ready4cruise
    ready4cruise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it. I hope everyone saw results.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The only equipment you need for the Supreme 90 Day system is a set of dumbbells (for women the recommended weights are all weights from 5 lbs up to 20 lbs, and for men, up to 30-35 lbs) and a balance ball. Unlike P90X Supreme doesn't allow you to substitute resistance bands but I still think Supreme is the better overall choice due to greater use of compound movements throughout the workouts. I feel that P90X makes a lot of compromises in choosing exercises that allow you to use your choice of resistance bands or dumbbells. By going with a dedicated dumbbell routine they would have had a better exercise selection that allowed for more compound/staggered/off balance movements and that's why I feel the Supreme 90 day is a better overall program.

If you don't already own the equipment and you're trying to save money, P90X is cheaper overall by nature of allowing you to use resistance bands (dumbbells can get expensive). There's a really "ghetto" way of doing P90X that allow you to substitute resistance bands in place of both the dumbbells AND pullup bar. P90X + Resistance bands will total out being cheaper than Supreme + all the dumbbells + the stability ball. But you won't see as much from P90X if you do it that way. Just letting you know there's a ghetto P90X option if saving money REALLY is the goal.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned...all you need are dumbbells and a stability ball. I am on day 43 of the program. Loving it so far! :)