Slimming bodices...

Options
Wasn't sure where to put this one but I have a question that has been nagging me forever:

Where does all the fat go that gets pushed about by those slimming bodices that are being sold around? I've heard good things about them, but I'm worried about the excess body being put in a place that may not really make me look any better!

Yes, I'm doing what I can to tone up (more than most average people, I would surmise) but in the off-chance that I can't reach my size goal by the time I need to (which, now, is sometime in May), I want to know if one of those things might help.

Anyone use them? And, if so, where does the excess end up?

Thanks!
S.

Replies

• jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wedding? I'd say if you're looking for a quick slim look for one night Spanx are a good idea. I bought one pair and I wouldn't say its about shoving fat to other places... its more smoothing and holding everything in a nice shape. Its like sucking in but the fabric does it for you and you can still breathe. I'm uneven because I'm losing fast in my waist but not my pouch or hips and it helped keep everything smooth and proportional.
  • bolsen21
    bolsen21 Posts: 22
    Options
    it pushes it in the crevice left by the fat loss... and yes i use them.. and the work wonderfully if you buy the right one and right size.... i would go try on several different ones and find the one that fits you the best and is going to be comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    By slimming bodice are you referring to Spanx or a corset?
    I have heard good thiings from people smaller than myself about the spanx. I'm a big girl and I've NEVER had luck with spanx due to a comfort issue... when I sat they rolled (sort of like control top pantyhose will do) and then well... then I was just lumpy. I have used and seen a corset used as a slimming garment and they just smash everything in. Depending on how much you smash a little can spill out in the upper back fat region as well as the hips. Ancient drag queen secret (not me... but I've helped run a show or two) if you really want to smash stuff in good. Control top hose, spanx, cinche that in with a corset on top (you can lose a couple dress sizes and brain cells from the lack of oxygen).

Probably not as helpful... Good LUCK!!
    :drinker:
  • purpleflipflop
    Options
    I have one of the slimming tanks you can get. I LOVE it. I have weight to lose (hence I'm here) but it really helps with the "muffin top"
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have one of the slimming tanks you can get. I LOVE it. I have weight to lose (hence I'm here) but it really helps with the "muffin top"

Because my waist is small and my "muffin" is big these always roll up on me. LOL
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Spanx that I'm planning on wearing for my wedding in a couple of months, but I tried it on under other dresses and my butt is a little higher, everything is smoother, I don't feel like I have to suck in and no panty lines :) Not something I'd wear everyday but for special occasions it does the trick
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

Because my waist is small and my "muffin" is big these always roll up on me. LOL

Maybe that was the problem... is that why control top roll down too?? I can't help but think about Sir Mix-a-Lot now... "Your waist is small and you Muffin? is kickin'?" LMAO
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I need to get into a tutu for a ballet performance (trust me, it won't look THAT hideous) and don't want upper body fat. I don't mind it going lower, because I'm fine in that region, but I don't want extra batwings or anything.

I'm toning well, but want to look as good as possible for this performance!!

That's mainly what I'm concerned about - the upper body fat.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Spanx are awesome. I love my spanx. I wear them about once a week, usually. They push it where it needs to go, without making you look worse.

And as for a corset, it pushes it up into your bra. NEVER a bad thing.