13 lbs, 13 days? Friend?

Options
Hi,

Slightly overweight. Looking to lose 13 lbs in 13 days to be really in-shape for a trip I'm going on. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have a history with weight loss / gain. Anyone want to keep track with me? Also, to lose 2lbs a week (the most you can set it on), it says I should be eating 1200 calories a day. I did about that today, but with exercise, it says my net calories are too low to lose weight. How do I manage this when anything below 1200 is "too low" but that's what I'm shooting for?

Replies

• fearless_
    Options
    5 pounds in 13 days is pushin it :(
  • krismitc
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds in 14 days so it can be done and I wasn't hungry. I cut back on carbs and added more vegetables and cut out the junk food oh and added exercise Zumba for 1 hr. Good luck to you and your success :-)
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can lose 10 pounds in 3 days so it can be done...
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry if you're only 50-ish calories under 1200. It's not going to make that huge of a difference. And remember, this site is merely a tool for weight loss; it has no actual effect on your progress. How you treat your body determines that. I wish you good luck. Try to stay healthy!
  • illuminaughty576
    Options
    im in!:)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    get a colonic, get your thorax scraped and drink snake oil before every meal. good luck!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? Completely unhealthy.
  • maccardo2
    Options
    About 4 days in and I've lost about 5 lbs. Been attempting the 1200 cal diet and and exercised at the gym, doing cardio twice in the 3 days.

:)
  • jwarren575
    jwarren575 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So how much are you planning to lose when you get back from your trip...AFTER you have gained the 13 back plus more? :huh:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    If you are new to this you might see a largish initial loss but you need to be aware that most of it is going to be water weight, not actual fat. You certainly didn't gain 13 lbs of fat in 13 days so there is absolutely no reason to expect that you can lose that much fat in such a short time.

What I recommend is choose a higher daily calorie goal and really get into this for the long haul. By doing what you're doing you are just going to fall into a pattern of yo-yo dieting where you'll severely restrict for a short period, see some results, go back to eating normally and regain all the lost weight (if not more), then rinse and repeat. This should be a LIFESTYLE change, not a diet.

Best of luck to you!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    1 lb is 3500 calories. That's it people. Do 10 cals per goal weight if you are sedentary, 12-14 if you are average, Lower or raise one or the other to change it. Your choice how to do it. There is no miracle food or exercize to change the comon sense solution.