SodaStream?

Options
icimani
icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
Has anyone tried it?

I drink a lot of the flavored carbonated water and was thinking about the SodaStream, but it is kinda pricey. In the long run it could save me some money, but only if I like it!

Replies

• pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I have thought about it.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I bought mine six years ago and I still use it every day. If you like seltzer or soda, it's cheaper and easier than buying it in bottles all the time. It also helped me give up soda. I mostly just drink seltzer with lemon juice now.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Soda Stream, and can't imagine going back to lugging bottles back and forth to the store. I use mine for plain bubbly water with a twist of lemon or lime. It's so refreshing.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Love mine - and like the others here I just use it to make soda water - I don't use the flavourings at all - over the 5 years I have had it I must have saved a heap of money - and helped the environment a bit too....
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I'm not a soda snob so have not had issues with the taste of the mixes. I'm happy with their diet: ginger ale, root beer, cran raspberry and zero cola flavorings. Was not fond of their water flavorings. Bought Torani syrup but haven't tried them yet.

I hated lugging the bottles/cans home and dealing with storing and recycling. Nice website not related to the manufacturer is here http://www.mysodastreamreview.com/

Mine is the Genesis, got at Bed, Bath & Beyond with their 20% off coupon
  • IslandRider
    Options
    I love my soda stream, also do mostly plain or add a little cranberry juice. Definitely saves money and so much more convenient. If they made diet beer flavor I'd be in heaven, LOL!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I bought mine six years ago and I still use it every day. If you like seltzer or soda, it's cheaper and easier than buying it in bottles all the time. It also helped me give up soda. I mostly just drink seltzer with lemon juice now.

wow! 6 years ago, didn't even know thy had them until like this year lol. I've been thinking about getting one, mainly for my husband, I don't like soda very much but my husband can drank a 2 litter a day!
  • Lovingmyboys89
    Lovingmyboys89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im hopíng to get one for christmas!!!
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Got the entry level one as a housewarming gift and I love it. I dont really drink much soda, but my SO has an energy drink and tonic water addiction so its saved us a boatload of money. Also, I absolutely love not having to make extra trips for the store because we've run out of soda. The soda flavors taste great but the water flavors are nasty. My SO's only complaint is for portion control, since the bottles are 1 liter each and my SO is too lazy to get out a cup, he will often just drink straight from the bottle. Fine normally, but very problematic when your trying to cut down on soda intake.

*ETA: I think that some people have done the calculations online and if your main drink is something you can get the store brand of, like store brand coke, then it might not necessarily save you money, but if you buy soda that they do not usually make a store brand of, like Dr. Pepper it can be quite a bit cheaper over the long run to buy a soda stream.
  • lynns27
    Options
    @maricash -
    I used to be skeptical about the soda stream thing but soda water & lemon juice actually sounds like a great idea!
    (Also I love your Dr. Who profile pic - those were definitely the cutest & creepiest aliens ever on the show)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I love mine, nothing better than bubbles and artificial sweeteners
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I upgraded this year.... I had an old one with glass bottles.... had that one for 14 years
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    It definitely would be more environmentally friendly to have one in terms of less bottles. And even if it is pricey now, I think you'll end up saving money in the long run.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've ummmed and ahhhhed about buying one for a few months now. My kids can go through soft drinks some weeks like it's going out of fashion. Often wondered if they taste decent? If I can make carbonated water out of it.. then I'd be laughing as that's all I drink.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I love my SodaStream. We go through at least a bottle a day. The flavorings are pretty good, but I still prefer plain seltzer. Then again, this site has plenty of suggestions on jazzing up water that would be good with the SodaStream.
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As much as I drink soda I should get one...
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Love mine and use it regularly. I add grapefruit or tangerine essential oil, though. The sodas (both diet and regular) were too sweet/syrupy for me. I bought it make seltzer, anyway.