I'M TURNING INTO EEYORE!!!!!!!

Options
WinnieThePooh_zps29e55188.jpg

The last couple weeks I just cannot get my *kitten* together! Every day is getting me down and I'm moping around like a f*cking baby. I've been bobbing between the same 2 pounds for weeks now and cannot seem to kick my own *kitten* into puching through. I just feel like I'm failing at everything!!!!!!!!!!!

End eeyore-esq rant

eeyore1_zps7333c8de.jpg

Replies

• vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awwww....that sucks. I'm sorry you are feeling down. I just posted on another thread that I get down sometimes too. A healthy eating and exercise plan is hard work to track and maintain!!

I can only suggest something new, which is what works for me. New athletic shoes, new running pants, new light up thingee so I don't get nailed by a car after dark, maybe some new tunes...

You've lost 41 lbs, so clearly you know what's up! Maybe a list on the fridge of suggested activities for that day (Mon: walk, Tue: DVD, Wed: swim, etc etc). Not saying you have to do it every day, but maybe you'll look up at the fridge and think, maybe this will perk me up.

Good luck!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I can only suggest something new, which is what works for me. New athletic shoes, new running pants, new light up thingee so I don't get nailed by a car after dark, maybe some new tunes...

yeah - my gym bag got stolen a few weeks ago - someone broke into my car and took everything - thats a big contributor to my eeyoreness
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with Eeyore??

t_a1a68210-1e91-11e2-b0d3-39160aa00006.jpg
  • gracesway
    gracesway Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had the EXACT same thing happen to me.

I cut something from my diet. For me it was going to a paleo diet... but I think it would work with a less extreme case.

So think about if its bread, carbs, fast-food, salt etc... it will jump start both you and the diet!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I remembered reading somewhere that if a diet is to low in fat, depression can happen. I googled it and lots popped up. Here is a recent article:

By Telegraph Reporters2:04PM GMT 12 Dec 2012
    Dieting makes people feel depressed because cutting out fatty foods alters their brain, according to a new study.
    Watching other people tuck into calorie-laden food while dieters munch on 'rabbit food' is enough to make anyone feel blue.
    However, scientists say ditching a high-fat diet triggers actual chemical changes in the brain that could make people enter a vicious cycle of poor eating.
    And as fatty and sugary foods cause chemical changes before obesity even occurs, the University of Montreal researchers liken going on a diet to drug withdrawal.
    Dr Stephanie Fulton said: "By working with mice, whose brains are in many ways comparable to our own, we discovered that the neurochemistry of the animals who had been fed a high fat, sugary diet were different from those who had been fed a healthy diet.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have my eeyore days... I bet just by aknowledging it on this thread it lightened your outlook. I swear by a list i keep on my ipad of things to do when depression or negative thoughts or heck, some one says something rude to me that starts to put a blight on my day..

My #1 goto thing to do is to stand up and hop! It is really hard to stay upset if one hops...i am 54 years old and I am sure it seems crazy, but hopping helps trust me.

Hope you find your inner T I double grrrr soon!