30 Day Shred

Options
I am thinking about doing the 30 Day Shred. I am a little nervous. I am on week 6 of the C25k program right now, and will be doing both programs simultaneously.

What were your experiences with 30 Day Shred? Did you gain weight/inches back as soon as you went back to your usual exercise routine?

Replies

• sharoni73
    sharoni73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have that dvd and am hoping to start doing it soon. I have done it in the past, not for the full 30 days or that but a few days a week on level 1. If i remember rightly the C25K program leaps up a bit week 7 or 8 but remember 30DS is only 20 mins. You could do 1 in the morning and one at night for a week and see how it went. Just be sensible and do what you can, the first thime i did it i had to modify the modifications... not a happy thing to admit but still it had to be done...

I say only 20mins but it is 20mins of h@ll!! I miss the burn but i cannot exercise outside just now - too cold!! Am going to start his soon so by spring i can get outside running. I want to do a 10k in June and am doing nothing exercise wise at the mo.
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Loved the 30 day shred! By the 5th fay it got easier...it is only 22 minutes and it got to a point where you crave doing it. It was the boost I needed to continue exercising everyday. You can do it! Give it a shot :)
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • BelievenFaith
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred about 2 years ago I LOVED it. It is hard though I weighed probably 300 then about after the second day I couldnt move my legs hurt so bad BUT i got over it. I am actually wanting to start it again today!!!! It is a good workout and doesnt take that long. I was wanting to try to see if anyone wanted to create a group maybe for the thirty days so we can motivate each other cause we will need it LOL What is the C2R ? the program that everyone is talking about?
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS a few times, and will probably do it again in the near future. It did wonders for strengthening my arms and legs, and I toned up considerably in the short time I did it. I prefer that kind of strength training to heavy lifting, and I got awesome results from it.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred. It is very challenging, but worth it. Try it, you can always stop and retry when you aren't doing so much. It's just a video. Pause and off still work. lol DO join a support group. It really helps to have friends who are going through it at the same time.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was just getting on the board to ask for advice on that. I am starting this in about five minutes!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was just getting on the board to ask for advice on that. I am starting this in about five minutes!

Well, I just finished day one level one! I feel whooped and exhilarated at the same time!
  • HeatherMale0330
    Options
    The 30ds is pretty good actually! Lost almost 10 pounds by it. Each workout/level is actually almost 30 minutes a piece. By the 3 to 5th day it will get easier for each level though. :)